PDA

View Full Version : Weird selection problem

Tocy
07-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Hi!
I have weird selection issues with 7.5b, when modelling in persp viewport. Sometimes when I select polys in a specific area, other polys are getting selected on a completely other part of the object(usually where I cant see it, but sometimes I can see those selecting too). :surprised :annoyed:
Anybody has similar problems?
I have a lot of plugins, maybe one of them does this?

Thanks in advance!

Steve Warner
07-11-2003, 03:17 PM
What type of shaded view is your Perspective set to? Wire, Wireframe Shade, Solid Shade?

Tocy
07-14-2003, 08:56 AM
I use it in shaded wireframe. Depends on it? Did you have such problems?
ps: sorry for my english:)

Ayreon
07-14-2003, 09:03 AM
I've had this happen. When selecting some poly's on my characters head, in perspective view set to wireframe shaded, it selects pol's on the arm as well. Very weird, because I can't see the poly's on the arm, but Lightwave selects them anyway. I've screwed up my model several times when this happens. SO now I always double check before performing any operation on selection.

Tocy
07-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Yes, thats it, Ayreon, thanks for replying, I had exactly the same:( Very annoying, especially when Im merging polys in an area, for example on the arm, then after a few steps, (usually only when I cant undo it:( )I notice that a lot of polys are merged too, on the shoulders. Do you use 7.5b? I also found that the only workaround is checking the selected polys fitting those to the viewpport, or checking the polygon count. Or anything else?

Ayreon
07-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Yes, I use 7.5b on a win2000 system. I haven't found any workaound yet, but I'll let you know if I find a fix for it.

Ayreon

Nikos
07-14-2003, 12:45 PM
I believe this bug has been around for quite some time.
I think it started in 6.5-7.0 and is sure very annoying. :thumbsdow

Dreamwave
07-14-2003, 01:02 PM
yeah, I have that with 7.0 too, is it just coincedence or does it depends on symmetry selection?

Ayreon
07-14-2003, 01:27 PM
It only happens to me when I'm working in symmetry mode. I guess it's just a bug :thumbsdow

Tocy
07-14-2003, 01:37 PM
I think it happened for me without symmetry too, but I'm not sure, I'll check it out.
If it is a bug, since 6.5, how could it survived witout fixing?

Nemoid
07-14-2003, 09:30 PM
No problem in 7.5 here..

Facial Deluxe
07-14-2003, 10:35 PM
I think I had this probs while using a wildcat graphic card. The problem doesn't appear on a my GForce anymore.
Might be some driver problem perhaps....

Ayreon
07-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Well I guess it could be the drivers of the video card, I did upgrade them recently, and I never had it happen before, but I never thought about the videocard drivers messing up my selection. Hhhhm, maybe I'll go back to my old drivers, but I'll have to think about that, because I would lose some nice features if I did.

Nemoid
07-15-2003, 08:29 AM
yap
this kinda problems I think are related always to the video card. often new drivers bring new power, but also can cause some problems. the best is to wait till some bug or prob with drivers is reported and so wait some time before updating this kinda stuff.
also the best is update them when u have problemsand not when all works great.

Tocy
07-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Hmmm...
I have my card (gef 2 elsa gladiac) for years now, with deto driver for 3-4 months, but I picked up this modelling method just nowadays so it can be the driver. I'll try it with other another one. Thanks all of you for the advice!

koroko
07-15-2003, 10:49 AM
Hi guys,

Hi have the very same problem all the time, and ive screwed badly some models every now and then...it happens to me regardless of symmetry on/off, what i got used to do its always after some selection for changes hit Shift+a(center sel.), so im always sure...

Im using 7.5c with a Geforce...

Later,

_______
angel

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.