PDA

View Full Version : Need help on my Vehicle Render.

Aeroplane
07-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Hello dear teachers..
This is one of my old work..and I finally have time to try to improve the render.
I am trying to make it look more realistic.But it still not the render that i want...
The image below is antialiasing off. very low quality.
Any suggestions? How do you feel..?
Please c&c, Thanks! :wavey:

BAROBA
07-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Your carpaint has nothing to reflect, you should try to add a HDRImap or a reflectionmap to improve the quality.

Aeroplane
07-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks for reply baroba,
Here's a update. I use HDRI this time.But it still looks like a toy car:shrug:
Any more suggestions?
http://www.cgunion.org/temp/test4.jpg

Rei Ayanami
07-11-2003, 07:40 PM
i dont see it as much of a toy car, but the front left wheel has no shadow, and try using radiosity to give it a more real look. *ahemAAahem*

Aeroplane
07-12-2003, 05:54 AM
Update..
C&C:wavey:
http://www.cgunion.org/temp/tttest3.jpg

vbk!!!
07-12-2003, 05:21 PM
radiosity is waste of time
for car all is in reflections
turn off specular and increase diffuse of your material
use a gradient for your reflection and choose a good graphic for background (i use the texture environnement for that).

Carm3D
07-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Aeroplane,

> use a gradient for your reflection

In case you don't know, he means use an incidence angle gradient. Make it so the car's paint is more reflective the more it is facing away from the camera. Car paint does this in real life. You may want to do just the opposite for diffuse to compensate.. But experiment with it.

Arte
07-13-2003, 12:58 AM
If you want a studio set up use soft lights. Shadowmaps are good for that set much larger than your object, or huge area lights. Don't use 3 point though or it will look weird.

For making the car shine I would place reflectors at strategic points rather than using a reflection map alone. Reflectors are like the pieces of cardboard or paper or whatever that people use in photography. You can use texture mapped reflectors to bring out some very nice effects. Smart reflections can make a car stand out from the background.

Also radiosity is not a bad thing but the reflections are more important.

Specularity need not be off btw that is subjective. Specularity is used to add secondary highllights imo which can be very cool.

X

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.