PDA

View Full Version : surface won't show up in render!

milqman
07-11-2003, 05:33 AM
ok i have a ground surface.
i checked all the item property and material settings for it and the mesh shows up in the render but all the surface settings appear as if they dont exist! its just a flat... green... mesh.

thanks!

milqman
07-11-2003, 05:37 AM
http://milkman.Christianmp3.org/ground.lwo

theres the LWO file

thanks!

jfornasar
07-11-2003, 06:04 AM
it works here...

milqman
07-11-2003, 06:07 AM
ugh. this is messed up :S

even if i completely remove this object frmo my scene and load it again in to the same scene it still doesnt render right.

E_Moelzer
07-11-2003, 06:24 AM
Hmm, maybe you have accidentially turn Quickshade on in the render- options?
CU
Elmar

milqman
07-11-2003, 06:39 AM
the rest of the scene renders fine...

milqman
07-11-2003, 06:53 AM
something is REALLY messed up
i redid the object, gave it a new name and a new surface, deleted the old one from the scene and added this one... SAME THING!

edit: heres a render

http://milkman.Christianmp3.org/problem.jpg

milqman
07-11-2003, 07:28 AM
its getting weirder. any object i put in that spot loses all its surfacing whatsoever!

if i move the SAME object to a different spot... tada! the surfacing returns!

milqman
07-11-2003, 07:34 AM
well, i moved the light a TINY bit and the surface renders now. :shrug:

CourtJester
07-11-2003, 03:51 PM
I'm not able to download and check the object right now, but judging from the test frame submitted by jfornasar, it was all bump... so if by sheer coincidence your light was dead on perpendicular to the surface, it will flatten bumps maps. Rotate it a bit, as you did, and voila.

Suggestion: never have bump only for ground... always complement it with some diffuse, color and spec texturing as well.

aurora
07-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Your ground object by itself rendered fine. If it was not for you moving it up a bit and getting it to render I would have suggested checking the objects properties to make sure Object Dissolve or Unseen by Camera was not being used. I'm not sure what else to way without seeing more of the scene file. I would like to second what CourtJester stated about texturing with the bump map. In fact I often actually just copy my bump layers to the diffuse, spec and/or glossiness channels.

aurora
07-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Hey I just thought take alook at you ground objects properties 'Light' tab and make sure that the lights are not set to exclude. ALso I just did a quick play on you ground texture. For a quick pickme up copy your bump turbulence layer to your spec and diffuse channel. See what you think try setting the spec level down just a hair as well after that like to 12-14.

marcopio
07-11-2003, 04:31 PM
Just a thought. Are you rendering with ScreamerNet or regular render.

I had similar problems with ScreamerNet where certain textures where not in my network path...

milqman
07-11-2003, 06:29 PM
Regular render... I don't think Screamernet does stills?

Thanks for the input guys!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.