PDA

View Full Version : texture on subd´s -> MR?

swag
07-10-2003, 10:16 PM
Hi, i have a problem here when i texture a subd in the hierarchy MR didnt render the texture - if i texture the poly go to subd then MR render the low poly texture (no UV smoothing in subd´s)
someone has a idea

RichSuchy
07-10-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by swag
Hi, i have a problem here when i texture a subd in the hierarchy MR didnt render the texture - if i texture the poly go to subd then MR render the low poly texture (no UV smoothing in subd´s)
someone has a idea

its got to be all quads...

You can get around it by using a lower rez rigged model to drive a higher rez base model and then sub d that.

or just make sure your models are all quads.

Its a pain but ive managed to get one triangle out of the little finger on both hands of a model by pushing that triangle to the center of the model where both sides can come togather to make a quad.

Painful eh?

swag
07-11-2003, 01:18 AM
Rich Suchy that was not my question mr render the model and i have 100% quad the texture are not there this is my problem

RichSuchy
07-11-2003, 03:39 AM
Rich Suchy that was not my question mr render the model and i have 100% quad the texture are not there this is my problem

sorry I should have read more closely.

Have you tried looking in the hypergraph and after deleting history, (If you can still do that without killing your setup)

You might search for a blind data node and get rid of that but I am unsure how to do that without research.

If that doesnt work perhaps you will be forced to convert to polygon, then delete history... export the model as an obj and import it back if that still doesnt work... it will be a clean model but retain uv-mapping, then sub-d it again. Then you will need to fix your uv mapping of the sub-d last

swag
07-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Rich Suchy you have no problem with texturing subd?

RichSuchy
07-13-2003, 05:18 AM
Rich Suchy you have no problem with texturing subd?

no problem. I just UV and texture the low poly model before I sub-D it. It then retains the mapping. I avoid modeling in such a way that forces too much warping of the texture and if I have to I'll do a final tweak to the sub-d UV map to fix problem areas.

swag
07-13-2003, 07:57 PM
texture the low poly there is no problem the problems comes with the texturing in subd mode - if have to collapse the hierachie like the problemes with tris or ngon - mr will not render the texture correct if i do not collapse the hierachie

but iam not happy with this i dont what a monster mesh - subd in maya are so cool but there so much trouble :D

RichSuchy
07-14-2003, 07:04 AM
thats why you reserve the final tweak till last.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.