Teckniel
07-10-2003, 09:59 PM
its my first time i do this so this is what i currently have

hope to get tips on it

http://tecknieldesigns.solidweb.be/upload/First%20Attempt.jpg

Ps: i use a tutorial forgot to mention

Black Jesus
07-11-2003, 01:34 AM
it looks a little flat... you need more dark areas and more light areas... like the inside of the ears...

Teckniel
07-11-2003, 12:38 PM
here is some small update More to come

http://tecknieldesigns.solidweb.be/upload/Progress.jpg

And more crits please

KazuyaMochu
07-11-2003, 04:39 PM
ok, Teckniel-Man,

I toke the liberty of painting over your work. I hope you take no ofence at this. But it would be the best way I'd have to discribe what I mean!

so, skining (in my short knolege) is about volume and light. And this would be, volume depends on light. shadows depend on light, and shapes depend on volume. so... it's prety much about light, but you work seperatly on light (bright and dark) seperate from volume. that's why you have the linedrawing and then the light.

Light isn't just about brigh, medium and dark. in the beguining fase, yes, but has you go, you will need to put in extra levels. you will have very bright spots for glossi areas, light the eyes. you will have difussed areas, like the cheecks, and dark areas, like the eye "pit".

So, waht I did in your skin, was look for thoes point. like, areas that reflect light to the viewer's eyes. for example the forehead.
its a bit area. its rounded. It allways reflects light to the viewer. so you can allways go for bright colors there. tha you just have to finde simillar areas, like the nose tip. its kind of a tinny forehead :)

you also have to calculate the shadows that are casted by things like nose, cheeck... this don't have to be very big shadows or very dark, but they should be well defined.

take a look at what I atached, and post some specific questions about it. I'll answer as good as I can.

Kazuya Mochu

SteveIacopetti
07-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Wow,that is so cool Kazuya Mochu.
Nice smiley face in the eye. :D

-Steve-

Teckniel
07-11-2003, 09:30 PM
wow how do you get the surface so nicly ??????

and could you explain more about the light please

with examples

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.