PDA

View Full Version : ::ship::design::

ste from Paris
01-14-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi,

some advices about this ship ?... the model isn't finish (reactor..
and after birn effect ...)

http://www.3dcorum.com/062.jpg

Tchao !

jnglemeat
01-14-2002, 02:00 PM
the mapping is a bit weird ( but im sure its just there for test )
its an original design. although it does look like a hand, ((looks like you attempted to model a hand)) , i see two concave groves on the right side of the ship are those for the burners(jet thingies). but work on modeling more detail and work on the texturing.

of course this is just my opinion i could be wrong.

GRID
01-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Good start, but i think you should try to make a texture that fits, and dont use a texture that was made for something else.

/GRID

Calle
01-14-2002, 07:46 PM
a big lack of detail, i think. try to use more than one object for the ship. :) and the textures of course.

Wiro
01-15-2002, 12:15 AM
Hm...somehow I always think of a hand when I see that ship :)

It's nice but as already said, some more details wouldn't be out of place. Some opening in the hull where you see the innards, star wars like or some sensors. Or try to make the ship more multi-part. It does look a bit like it all came out of the same mold.

Wiro

ste from Paris
01-15-2002, 06:29 AM
Hi ,

Thanks for the advice , about more details it's a question of time
more object like externe reactor and several textures.
below a little texture test.....

http://www.3dcorum.com/068.jpg

tcho !

CraqueSmeaukre
01-16-2002, 05:09 AM
I think it would be cool if you that thing look like a giant flying
cra-- Meteor .... Yeah man you think its a asteroid thats gonna hit the earth, and then BAM it flys away.. That would be cool.. Add some more subdivision in your model , then add some nernies and stuff by the holes...

Give it a nice crystal meth or rock procedural shader ...

That be trip man...

epatnor
01-16-2002, 07:41 AM
A little lowpoly in the "windows" at the top...?

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.