PDA

View Full Version : Rendered at 24fps need 30fps ?? pleez help

ruddiger52
04-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Ok Im an idiot. I did a weekend worth of renders at 24fps out of maya. I did the comp in combustion and output a 9 sec clip at 24fps. I need to deliver to the client at 30fps but the clip has to stay 9sec long and I cant have any popping or quality loss. Is this possible to do in either AE, Combustion or finalcut? Any help on this one is hugely appreciated.

Thank you

Kokosing
04-02-2009, 08:00 AM
The process you'll probably want to use is 3:2 pulldown. This is the standard way to go from 24fps to 30.

AE and Combustion should offer it. If it's in FCP, it's probably part of the film tools.

W

ruddiger52
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Whats the procedure for that. Is it simple?? And will it work for playback in a quicktime movie or on the web in flash?

scrimski
04-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Whats the procedure for that. Is it simple?Which program do you use?

ruddiger52
04-03-2009, 12:19 AM
I have Afterfx and Combustion 4. Also Final Cut however I have very little experience. Thanks in advance for taking the time

SIDDHUMANU
04-03-2009, 06:56 AM
HI ,
The best way out according to me is ......
USING AFTER EFFECTS...
first of all just import the image sequence(maya output) rendered at 24 fps in after effects
drag the image sequence to make a new comp....the default comp size would be same as ur footage i.e 24fps..
now just change the compositions frame rate to 30fps.....yes surely which will increase the duration of ur comp....now comes t tricky part...
just right click the layer and use the feature TIME==TIME STRETCH....and set the duration to 9 secs...
now u have both duration and FPS correct and u want quality too.....
so just select frame blending ON for the layer and for the comp too which will add in between frames to ur comp which will prevent jerk and flickering.....
render out ur project in quick time uncompressed ...and then later convert it to any other format u want............
i know this might not be the best way but believe me i ve been working on after effects and maya from past 2-3 years and my understanding says ...........It would work best for u..
SIDD..

Dead
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I think if you right click on the clip properties in the library it'll have the options for it. Either that or when you import the clip.

Otherwise it'll be something that you render out from a timeline AE/FCP/PPRO

scrimski
04-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Whats the procedure for that. Is it simple?In AE: Import 24 fps footage, create composition with 30 fps, drop the 24 p footage into it. Done. Some frames will double or blended which is a side effect of the pulldown.

ruddiger52
04-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. Especially Siddhumanu.

CGTalk Moderation
04-06-2009, 05:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.