PDA

View Full Version : Nuke/ Fusion/ Toxic? What should I use

pseudopod
03-31-2009, 06:03 PM
I am an experienced compositor using combustion. I am feeling that Nuke/Fusion/ and or Toxic are superior softwares and I would like to upgrade my skills into using one of them but aren't sure which one?

I would be using it for visual effects (ie. cgi models/live action integration, particles, and 3D applicable functions within the comp).

-Which one would be easiest to pick up for a Discreet Combustion user?
-Which one is the best for what I would like to do?
-Which one is used the most in the industry?

Any input that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

cheebamonkey
03-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Nuke, hands down.

FXPHD has some great nuke courses.

pseudopod
03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
thanks cheebamonkey,

Nuke is quite expensive though. Regarding Fusion, any thoughts on why I shouldn't use it? or why I should prefer Nuke over it? What are your thoughts on Toxic.

Thanks again.

DoubleSupercool
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Nuke is overwhelmingly taking the crown from Shake as the standard for film compositing. Just take a look at somewhere like VFXPro jobs and see the ratoi of Nuke to Fusion compers wanted.

I guess it is a bit different if you are an individual or freelancer in terms of what is best bang for your buck. What is the price differential between Nuke and Fusion?

Toxic looks interesting, but it doesn't seem to be used in too many facilities.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.