PDA

View Full Version : User Sales Forum

redwhitejacket
03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I think it would be cool if you had a user sales forum, where users could post items and services for sale. For example, if artists are selling equipment, tutorials, plugins, models, artwork, etc. they could post it in a brief ad along with paypal info. Either that, or expand the store to allow users to sell items as well.

- rwj

leigh
03-31-2009, 04:53 PM
Sorry but nope, this would be a potential can of worms that we're steering clear of.

redwhitejacket
03-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Sorry but nope, this would be a potential can of worms that we're steering clear of.

Are you worried about getting sued or something? Essentially, all cssociety is doing is facilitating a bulletin board. I'm sure they could write rules and a disclaimer. Why don't you think it could work? Even if the ads were for items listed on Ebay or something?

khendar
03-31-2009, 09:34 PM
Are you worried about getting sued or something? Essentially, all cssociety is doing is facilitating a bulletin board. I'm sure they could write rules and a disclaimer. Why don't you think it could work? Even if the ads were for items listed on Ebay or something?

We've been through this one several times. Too many legal ramifications with facilitating the re-selling of software licenses, especially considering that many software vendors are site supporters, and we don't want to piss them off. Plus Buy/Sell forums invariably take up way too much of the moderators time in settling disputes. Its simply not practical.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2009, 09:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.