PDA

View Full Version : light still affecting excluded object?

zenonithus
03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi, got a bit of a problem with the light linking editor. I only want the selected light to affect the cornea of the eye for my head. I exclude everything but the eye cornea in the list. But when I render I notice the light is still affecting the head slightly. The head has an sss skin shader applied.

could this be a problem related to the lightmap or something I'm not doing right? any help would be swell :)

jeremybirn
03-31-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't know, but here are some ideas for things that might be the problem:

If you suspect that the extra light is coming from the SSS, try assigning a different shader or turning the scattering down or off to make sure of that.

If your SSS shader isn't set to regenerate the light map, then you might have an old one getting re-used.

MR shaders can follow their own light linking rules, look at the bottom of the shader attribute editor to check the light linking mode.

Sometimes the light linking does get confused if you link a light to a group, but off an object within a group. If your problem isn't entirely due to the shader, you could try ungrouping the object(s) and link to them as top-level nodes.

-jeremy

zenonithus
03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
cheers for the sugestions jeremy :) it's definately an sss skin shader issue as I applied a lambert to the head and it excluded fine.

I have an sss shader for the eye also and it's doing the same thing with that. how do I check if the sss shader isn't regenerating the light map?

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2009, 03:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.