PDA

View Full Version : North American School's List Posted

MrPositive
03-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Check it out:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=285&t=748071

JeffB
04-02-2009, 02:58 PM
You left out every community college in the LA area (and in the other areas of the country). In the Socal area, there are over 25 community colleges that have 2 year degrees in animation and/or computer graphics. These colleges teach basic and advanced topics for a fraction of the schools listed. Example, CalArts costs 35K+. Our school costs $20 per credit unit (about $180 per semester).

This includes the College of the Canyons just north of LA. I chair the animation department that has both 1 and 2 year programs in Animation both Traditional and Computer. And all our instructors currently work in the industry.

Matt Leishman
04-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Check your PMs Jeff, thanks. :D

MrPositive
04-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Hehehehe, well it takes time my man. That list alone took me a week to put together in my spare time (and I just posted it a few days ago). We felt it was best to put it up now to cover 98% of the questions posted in the school's section. Trust me, I want to get the little school's names out there that do big work for students, as soon as possible (because I'm one of them as well). Those community schools are also 500/1 times harder to track down, which is why I need everybody's help. They will all get up there if they have a student gallery that is not shameful. Any school that is PMed to me, that has both the CG program link and student gallery link, will be put on the list, period.

MrPositive
04-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I added both BYU and College of the Canyons to the list (though I couldn't get the student gallery link to work). Unfortunately, I cannot list every single Art Institute because they have 42 locations and that would saturate the list. Hell, I work summers at the Art Institute in Indianapolis and it's still not getting added. You can get everything you need to know from the main Art Institute link on the current list. Sorry.

MrPositive
05-14-2009, 12:59 AM
I just added 4 more schools to the North American Schools list: East Tennessee State, University of Colorado, Gemini, and DevStudios . Each were checked diligently for quality, and though I'm sorry, but we could not add 3 of the requested schools. For those that were added and suggested, please check links and for accuracy. Enjoy! Some day I'll get started on the European and Asian lists......stay tuned.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5778962#post5778962

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2009, 12:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.