PDA

View Full Version : Here's some info on New Zealand schools and my recommendation


jorx
03-31-2009, 04:06 AM
Shout out to anyone looking to study in New Zealand.

I'm one of the international students taking the 3D animation course at Lifeway College, here in New Zealand. It wasn't cheap (for international students) but after looking into other schools in Canada and New Zealand, I decided to come here to study.

There are at least 3 major 3D animation schools in N.Z.
-Lifeway College
-Raffles College
-Media design school

Some of my classmates have actually gone to these other major 3D animation courses in N.Z. only to come here afterwards. It would seem that Lifeway is interested in keeping current with 3D/film industry trends.

Now let me iterate- I'm not getting paid or told to write this by anyone. I'm only writing about Lifeway because they seem to sincerely care about their program being the best in NZ. They're spending alot of money on making the program current- giving me cutting edge software and hardware to work on, hiring industry professionals (not just academic teachers) and building new labs.

Some of our instructors are only here because they're taking a break from the industry to study and write master's papers. (no kidding!)

I'm glad I chose to spend 25 grand and come study here at Lifeway College. So you know my opinion.

If you're curious about Lifeway- feel free to PM me some questions.

slops
04-29-2009, 03:05 AM
Thanks for this. I've trying to figure out where to go after a refresher at freelance. I was actually looking at the Lifeway website yesterday but was still unsure.

Anyways, all the best in your studies...

deepakjalesh
01-10-2010, 07:06 AM
hi guys
can u guys give me more details about lifeway college dan given in their website?

plztung
01-27-2010, 05:56 AM
How's about the Media Design School? I intend to going here to study? Does anyone have any information about this place?

Big appreciation & best regards,

jorx
01-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Whoa- this is an old thread! I'm working now as a compositing technical director now...

Hmm... media design school has the advantage of being in the city and close to everything and lots of people;
on the other hand I think Lifeway still has the most cutting edge course and the friendliest staff. They're getting lots of applicants now, so good luck getting in!

But no matter where you go; I think education only counts for maybe 20% of your chances for finding a job; and the other 80% is up to you working hard, being competitive, and making friends.

plztung
01-29-2010, 08:40 AM
Whoa- this is an old thread! I'm working now as a compositing technical director now...

Hmm... media design school has the advantage of being in the city and close to everything and lots of people;
on the other hand I think Lifeway still has the most cutting edge course and the friendliest staff. They're getting lots of applicants now, so good luck getting in!

But no matter where you go; I think education only counts for maybe 20% of your chances for finding a job; and the other 80% is up to you working hard, being competitive, and making friends.
Sorry for digging up your thread. Actually, I was heading in to this thread while searching for information about vfx schools in New Zealand. I didn't notice the day.

Thank you so much for your info.

I wish I can PM you sometimes for asking about studying at New Zealand & maybe at Lifeway college also.

Architectura
02-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Was the $25k for one year, or more? Sorry; not really savvy with the pricing of these things :)

Also, have you any idea if Natcoll would be worth going to?

KurtBernardin
03-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey I know this is an old post but I was looking into information about Lifeway College when i stumbled across this post. I currently live in California and I want to be an international student there. How did you like Lifeway College? Is there any additional information you could give me that would be great!

CGTalk Moderation
03-17-2010, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.