PDA

View Full Version : Help with keyboard shortcuts

Boxcarwilli
07-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Im trying to rotate and pan via methods used by most other 3D apps. Such as holding down the the LMB zooms in and out, hold down LMB and RMB pans, and holding down LMB and MiddleMB rotates.............but I cant seem to find any info via searching this forum, or in the included help files about how to go about this.

I currently see pressing CTRL+P lets me pan, and ALT+Z gets me to zoom, but this is very combursome...........anyone have any custom implementations to share?

RichardB
07-10-2003, 09:41 AM
Hi there

My first question is.. are you using a 3 button mouse, pref one with a wheel, if so:

Middle button = pan
wheel = zoom in/out
alt + middle button = arc rotate

These may be different from what you're used to, but, what... 10 mins, and you'll be using them without thinking.

You can customise all keyboard/ shortcut functions, but I personally would think twice before re-assigning LMB and MMB functions.

Hth
Rb

Boxcarwilli
07-11-2003, 12:46 AM
Ahh ha,

alt + middle button = arc rotate

Thats the one I was looking for really. Thanks soo soo much. :) And yes, I dont want to re-assign much of anything, otherwise tutorials I take and other education wont be as compatable. Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.