PDA

View Full Version : Is there a limit on pictures posting ?

sebastian___
03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
I was trying to post something here - 2 weeks ago and I had some errors like 404 browser errors and the message from cgsociety :

No Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

I thought that was a temporary error so I decide to come back 2 weeks later. But today I see the same errors. I also tried Firefox 2 , IE 6 and Opera 9.22 and now Google Chrome. Same errors with all.

I had the idea to post again but this time only a few lines and only 2 pictures. It works this way. If I try to edit and add more I see the same errors again.

the post : http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=153&t=747906

khendar
03-31-2009, 12:46 AM
There is a character limit on posts but its very large.

Its possible that there were some issues when you tried posting last time. I cannot see any record of any posts made by you two weeks ago, just the Raining Fire post you made today.

Can you post a screenshot of the error you are receiving when you try to edit your post ?

What exactly are you trying to add to it ?

sebastian___
03-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Just a few more lines and pictures like this . I will put spaces so you can see the code :

http : // download.vam-online.com/test/03/ScreenShot0108.jpg

I just tried again with a few more lines - simple text, stripping the links or images. Still the same error like in screenshot. And a few hours earlier in Firefox I had errors like HTTP 400 or something, and a white page and the message : "the browser send something the server didn't understand" - or something like that.

But it seems in Google Chrome I only get the error from screenshot :

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5539/cgtalkerror.jpg

And it seems if I limit myself to one or two pictures it's working no matter what pictures.
Also the pictures are normal medium res. Not high res.

EDIt : It seems I can add a short text. More then a line - and I have the same error

Edit 2 : Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt

http://download.vam-online.com/test/03/ScreenShot0084.jpg

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

khendar
03-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Can you edit ANY of your posts ?

Try editing one of your posts in this thread to see if that is the problem.

To edit the posts, you are just clicking the "Edit Post" button in the bottom right of the post ?

sebastian___
03-31-2009, 01:22 AM
Yes. I am clicking the "Edit post" button. And I remind you I received the same errors when I tried to post the first thread - No editing.

Sorry for the noise here. Because I am trying now to see what am I doing that I receive the error. When I copy text ? Or what ? Because I tried to paste a longer text here and bam the error. Then a shorter text - no error. Very strange

I will mention also that I have no problem at all on other forums. SO I don't think it's related to some virus or something. Also Google Chrome browser just fresh installed - just now.

EDIT : very strange. I edited the upper post with the picture

First I try to add a longer text. Maybe 5 lines. Didn't work. Then I cut the text until it was this long :

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

- and then it worked . The I tried to add the picture. Didn't worked. I erased the text then add the picture. It worked. Then I tried again the text. Again didn't worked. Then I added only a few words. Worked.

It's quite funny :) . But still ...what's the problem ?

khendar
03-31-2009, 01:34 AM
It certainly is strange. I'm going to suggest a bunch of things that COULD help narrow it down because I honestly have no idea at this stage.

Go to Edit Options (http://forums.cgsociety.org/profile.php?do=editoptions) in your UserCP, scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and change the Message Editor Interface to "Basic Editor". - Try editing again.
Are you running any sort of firewall software ? - Try disabling it temporarily.
Has anything changed on your internet connection lately ?
Have you tried it on another computer ?

I'll admit this one has me stumped :)

sebastian___
03-31-2009, 01:45 AM
I already changed to Basic Interface. I also thought that could be it. But no.

HMMMMm. I disabled the firewall and it worked. But I'm sure it's just a coincidence . It can't be the firewall. I'm using it from a few years with absolute no problem. And as I mentioned no other website or forum caused problems. Firewall only controls the software in my computer. It can't decide : Ok this website will work, this one not.

If I will have problems again I will post from another computer. If I will have errors from another computer which is also located in another town - then for sure the error is from CGTalk.

khendar
03-31-2009, 01:53 AM
I already changed to Basic Interface. I also thought that could be it. But no.

HMMMMm. I disabled the firewall and it worked. But I'm sure it's just a coincidence . It can't be the firewall. I'm using it from a few years with absolute no problem. And as I mentioned no other website or forum caused problems. Firewall only controls the software in my computer. It can't decide : Ok this website will work, this one not.

If I will have problems again I will post from another computer. If I will have errors from another computer which is also located in another town - then for sure the error is from CGTalk.

Firewalls can be fickle beasts sometimes. Its possible that because CGTalk is such a large forum the Firewall is slowing things down JUST enough or blocking JUST enough packets to cause a bad request error. The fact that I cannot replicate the error and that no one else seems to be experiencing problems unfortunately seems to indicate a problem on your end. Without knowing what firewall you are running I cant say for sure but it should be possible to add an exception for CGTalk so that it doesn't keep happening.

By all means try on another machine, and if it still does the same thing then I'll have to eat my words, but the firewall seems highly likely to be the culprit.

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2009, 01:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.