View Full Version : Suppositories - acting animation WIP
03-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if anybody could give me a critique of my work in progress please. Sorry that some of it is still in it's blocking stage :)
This piece is for my showreel so please feel free to be as critical as you like, I would really appreciate any feedback.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to watch
04-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Good stuff so far:)
- the first attempt at opening the bottle doesn't read super well. It almost looks like he's just twisting it open (angrily) maybe try holding some of those "struggles" like you do on the second attempt
- also, give the shot some padding at the head, so everything reads.
- the hand wipe needs more exaggeration, it doens;t read well
- framing! use rule of thirds. two heads should be on their respective top third. (basically: widen, move cam up, and screen right)
- screen L guy's last pose is bad. It draws too much attn to the crotch
- screen R posing needs work. don't forget to oppose the hips and shoulders ie. L shoulder up > R hip up
sorry, that's kind of a lot. there's a LOT of good stuff here too. just keep at it. and keep posting your progress
(animators wear bras = Rad!)
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Cheers for the great feedback! I knew the beginning was weak, but you've really pointed out some stuff I didn't realise :)
I'm definatley going to apply this to my next pass, thankyou ever so much for taking the time to write this critique, I really appreciate it.
(animators wear bras = Rad!) 'tis indeed ;)
04-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Cheers for the great feedback. I knew the beginning of the animation was pretty weak, but you've pointed out some things I didn't realise, which is really helpful.
I'm definatley going to apply your suggestions to my next pass, thankyou ever so much for taking the time to write this critique, I really appreciate it.
Ps lol I see what you mean by the crotch thing now! *head palm*
PPs (animators wear bras = Rad!) 'tis indeed ;)
PPPs I'm sorry if this is a double post, something went wrong when I replied to this thread
04-01-2009, 09:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.