PDA

View Full Version : character: kabuki

aoisabaku
07-10-2003, 03:14 AM
Hi, this is my first complete work I'm posting here.
C+C welcome, no need to sugar-coat. :)

http://www.soldiergarden.com/aoisabaku/gallery/original/red_kabuki.gif

leigh
07-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Very nice pic :thumbsup:

The background clashes a bit with the character, but perhaps that is intentional?
Nice stuff though :) I just have one question - where is his left leg going?

Grubwyrm
07-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Very nice! I agree with Leigh, the background definately clashes with the character.

One thing I noticed though are some squiggly lines on the hair near his face, and on his arm... at first I thought it might be arm hair, but it's on his hair too... kinda nitpicky, but I take it that's from sketching him out?

one more thing, his eye, the red and yellow is cool, but I think the outer part (I don't know- what's usually white), should be white. It looks as if he's hypnotized/ almost as is eyes are spiralling.

What medium did you use?

He reminds me of Senyro Kyoshiro from Samurai Spirits (Shodown).

Maybe, if you have time, you can add a wood floor and bamboo doors like a Kabuki theatre?

Very cool. Do you have plans to model him?

Overall great, keep it up!

-Grubwyrm:buttrock:

aoisabaku
07-10-2003, 03:50 AM
Leigh>

Thanks. :)
Yah, I usually make really bright backgrounds and I noticed a lot of people don't like them usually. :T
What do you mean by clash? Doe sit take away from the character? Or does it not work with the colors on the character?

His left leg goes out towards you and is bent inwards. I guess it is a little confusing.

Grubwyrm>

I'm glad you like it. :)

The squiggles are from my sketch - I usually like to leave some of those lines since I think it gives the picture some life.
Eye: lol yah, it is spiraling. It's supposed to be slightly surreal.
Theatre: Yah, might be a good idea. I'll see if I can make some time (I already took time off to do this image (>_<;

I don't have any plans to model him for the moment. It might be a fun piece to do one day though.

leigh
07-10-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by aoisabaku
What do you mean by clash? Doe sit take away from the character? Or does it not work with the colors on the character?

I mean it competes for your attention when looking at the image :)
The character should be the focal point of the image, but when looking at it, the background detracts from it because it is so bright. Darkening it would probably help.

SPIDER2544
07-10-2003, 07:29 AM
darkening the background would definetly help a lot

and the eyes are an excelent focal point

awsome character

be great to see a cell shaded version of it jumping around

3bleadpencil
07-10-2003, 08:15 AM
similar comments as the others.....good design though of the characters clothes and make-up.......maybe try adding twist to it becuase I've seen that or similar designs to it......make it your own!!!!!.....it's just a suggestion......but great work!
Regards

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.