PDA

View Full Version : Do i need to learn sculpt with clay to get better scultping and modeling?

eathquaketry
03-30-2009, 02:37 AM
I have no idea about sculpting, do i need to know just overview it or know it well?
I think Zbrush is the best tool to sculpt, i am right with that?
thanx in advance..........

Psyk0
03-30-2009, 04:25 AM
There's no end to learning art, anything related to traditional mediums will help, drawing, sculpture, painting, anatomy etc.

Zbrush and Mudbox both are good but whatever feels more comfortable is what you should use.

eldee
03-31-2009, 02:50 AM
what he said.

ps: this really didn't need to be posted in three different forums.

Ammarkk
03-31-2009, 08:26 AM
Well, As to the modeling..I think you need to know How can create a perfect and very clean topology..as well as, you must first mastering the Modeling topology before you go to Sculpt....this is my opinion.

eathquaketry
03-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Thanx all ,
I knew from different places that Zbrush is stronger than Mudbox and i will learn both but i am little confused which to start with.
thanx

Psyk0
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
The advantage of Mudbox is you can work with it very quickly, the interface is user friendly, zbrush can feel complex at first, but once you get use to it, there are some advantages to zbrush.

Here's a great DVD for an introduction to Zbrush:
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/rki01.html

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.