PDA

View Full Version : Monster On A Rampage! (Scene 1)W.I.P

ajfrank
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi everybody. I haven't been on here for a while because of how busy I've been. I'm still working on my animations plus more animations as much as I can. Hopefully I'll have some extra time this month to work more on them and post them.

Heres one of the animation shorts I've been working on. This is the first scene. The final animation is close to a minute long. The animation is blocked out but I'll only be posting clips of scenes when they are near finish.

For this scene I'm comfortable how most things are coming along. Of coarse I'm not done. Things I still need to work on such as his growl and his settling after he throws the car. I dont like that part at all! I'm currently kind of stuck on how or what I should do to fix that part. He also has deformation problems I need to take care of while he's on the car.

The background scene set-up is heavily similar looking to the car chase animation I'm also working on, so I definitely have to fix that problem! But the final renders of both will look different.

Anybody has any advice or critiques on what I can do to improve? Camera angles, timing, posing, ect...?

Well here's the video and I'll appreciate if anyone can help me make this scene better.
Comments and heavy critiques are highly welcomed.

Thanks and Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8B_RDxc8A

torresmedia
03-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Nice little work! :D The only thing I would change is the character that got pulled out. He seemed a bit "dead" :P Other then that it looks awsome :D

Micah-H
03-30-2009, 03:11 AM
I agree at about 5 seconds back him up from the monster and put his hands in the air or something to give him some life. I think it looks good though

ajfrank
03-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks. Yeah he is kind of on the "dead" side right now. I haven't put much effort into him yet. He's not supposed to be smiling throughout the animation either. That was his default expression I had him in originally and I haven't changed it yet. I wanted to get the monster animation down packed first before I concentrated on him(the dude) because adding life to him will be simple. In the next update he'll be more alive, and not smiling.

More critiques and advice are welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks again

KyleG
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
He picks up the car too fast and too easily, I would add more weight here

ajfrank
04-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Updated version of the animation. I fixed the weighting issue with the car and cleaned up some of the animation. Added a few arcs, ect... The dude is animated a little more than last time but he is still on the "dead" side. Right now my main concern is still on the monster and camera animations.

I still need to work on his growl some more and I'm still not liking his reaction after he throws the car. Also something about the pose right after he throws the car I don't like. Couple of small twitches are going on in his elbow that I need to fix. These all the problems I still see. I need some fresh eyes :cool:
So any critiques or advice is still highly appreciated. Still waiting for a heavy crucial critique from somebody.

Thanks and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcJpSrnck44

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2009, 02:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.