PDA

View Full Version : Imaginary Environment - In progress

Ofer1
03-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey guys, this is my first post on CGtalk, so if you are reading this, i got validated haha.

I just made this environment for a class project using Maya, and I'm thinking about using it for a final project for the same class. It's supposed to be temple ruins in the middle of a swampy forest in a fantastical world. I'll probably probably throw in some really weird characters later, creepy fairies and other creatures.

Just thought if anyone wants to watch this, I could really use some feedback and suggestions.

vimeo link:
http://vimeo.com/3844109

Thank you!!

TemperalVision
04-02-2009, 09:09 AM
Well one thing you may want to do to is render out a shadow pass. Without any shadows in the shot, it just looks like all your objects are just kind of floating around.

Also there seems to be some render problems with one of the roots going into the pond.

That's my 2 cents.

Ofer1
04-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Thanks TemperalVision! Yeah that's good advice, I see what you are saying. It kinda has the feeling of what you'd see in a fish tank, where things are sitting on the bottom, but are still floating in the water. I mean I used depth map on everything through my main light, I guess the next step would be to learn how to do shadow passes and try it that way.

And the flickering root, yea, I think I was being negligent when I duplicated it for tweaking and left one of the bumpmap-less duplicates right with it.

Overall, do you think it depicts the creepy, quiet and mysteriously fantastical atmosphere I was trying to capture? I am definitely going to also try to add some more moss and grass in some of the areas to crowd the scene up a little bit and give it a more swampy look.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2009, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.