PDA

View Full Version : Me and Blender are going back to college.

Elsdon
07-09-2003, 09:04 PM
This is sort of odd, but cool, I think.
I was just contacted by the psychology department of the University of Iowa and they would like to use a couple of my renders in a research program. Apparently they study visual cognition, which focuses on the perception of memory for complex, natural environments. It seems they use 3d art instead, I assume, of traveling all over the world looking at stuff.

Hereís a link to the professorís web page if you would like a clearer explaination of what they're doing. http://www.psychology.uiowa.edu/faculty/hollingworth/index.html

Who knows, it just may be another small step in getting Blender recognized for the incredible program it is.

Just thought I would share this with you guys.

Elsdon

dpvtank
07-10-2003, 09:20 PM
wov
congrats! i wish I could even be qualified for this kinda stuff.

JA-forreal
07-13-2003, 01:50 AM
Great! And I thought that I was the only one who saw opportunities to use Blender as a pure visualization tool for presenting arguments on scientific theories to detailing corporate management solutions through 3d visual concepts.

Blender is way beyond a sheet of scratch paper, but just as easy to get a hold of. And it makes videos and realtime media. Hehehe.

JamesMK
07-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Congratulations, Elsdon! Sounds like an interesting thing, for sure.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.