PDA

View Full Version : My LW short film (link to gallery/finished forum).

marchermann
07-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Hello, everyone,

you might want to have a look at a short film that I made with Lightwave. Here's a link to the thread in the "gallery/finished" work forum:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74701

Cheers,
Marc

Chagidiel
07-09-2003, 08:53 PM
Amazing! Brilliant!
Lighting, shading, animation, drame, sound, music, editing, "photography" = just perfect! Very tasty!

If I took a shovel and a flashlight and dug myself deep into it, of course I could find stuff to critisize... but that just feels stupid at the moment.

Just check it out Wavers! :thumbsup:

marchermann
07-10-2003, 06:58 PM
Wow, thanks, Chagidiel, glad you liked it.

At times getting myself to work on the project wasn't easy, but it in the end it ignited a passion for this kind of creativity that I hope I never lose. There is sooo much more to learn...

Marc

takkun
07-10-2003, 07:32 PM
The instant replay was hilarious!

But I have one question, if it was a dream, why would he be happy about dreaming of losing a point to the blue team? Maybe I'm over-analyizing

marchermann
07-11-2003, 09:06 PM
You're not over-analyzing, Takkun, some people in the German forum asked the same question.

For a moment I had the same thought when I made the film. But then I decided it was OK, because for those figures dreaming about being able to play (not being spinned by other people) is always a good thing, no matter who's winning.

Marc

takkun
07-11-2003, 09:47 PM
Ahh, thanks, I didn't consider that they would love to have the freedom to play themselves instead of having someone manipulate them. My next question is, how would they get the ball out of the goal? NOW, I'm over-analyzing! :p

marchermann
07-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Takkun, your're asking the exact same questions I asked myself during the making of this film. In a very early stage of planning the film, they were supposed to keep the score and then there's this duel about who wins the last ball. And I realized "How are they getting a new ball after a goal?"

So I invented some kind of pinball-like machinery that would drop the next ball on field. And a mechanism to keep the score was required as well. But then a friend said, "Wy not just one ball, first goal wins?" I liked the idea a lot and was very relieved that I didn't have to bother about this whole "next ball" thing anymore.

Marc

milqman
07-14-2003, 12:56 AM
very cool stuff there :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.