PDA

View Full Version : Architectural Visualization : Airport

rip
07-09-2003, 08:06 PM
My latest Architectural Visualization.
I hope you like it. C&C are welcome.
Best Regards
[program:3dstudio]

edit : Low res images and some animations frames.

http://www.proebius.com/Temp/EXTERIOR_A.jpg
http://www.proebius.com/Temp/aena_frames_.jpg

some wires...animation and high Res Render will post soon.
http://www.proebius.com/Temp/aena_wires.jpg

Soulstorm
07-09-2003, 08:25 PM
holy crap, this stuff is awesome. at first i couldnt believe it was 3d but after a while you can see some typical things that you see in 3d renders. great job on this

what did you render it in?

Rhino169
07-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Awesome work!!:buttrock:
Approximately how long did it take you to model?

rip
07-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Firts Touch:2 months, no full time. 3 persons (David-Fernando-Me) make 3 differents models(interior and exterior) with a lot of changes.
The Final solution (ext-int) take me a full time 2 weeks.

Aldaryn
07-09-2003, 08:48 PM
This is simply amazing...
Cool toned glass, gray floors, great athmosphere...

Did you modelled the whole thing in one piece, or the interior shots are separate modelling, with bacgrounds from the whole image? Just because on the first image the junction of the second (?) floor is shifted a bit, and not seamless..., or is this just another optic illusion of this glsaa kingdom? :)

Great job. Only one comment: on the first image lower the contrast of the rendered image a bit to fit more into the background, and you shold also move the whole rendering down a bit, because of the sturucture in the bottomn right corner the airport seems to be floating, or standing on a veary high platform...

, and yes, How long it took? (Longer than to moss grow on monitor?)

zeromancer1972
07-09-2003, 08:58 PM
jesus.... never seen such awesome stuff before!

the exteriors are superb, but the interiors really kick ass!
photorealism has been defined at a even higher level... :applause:
great details (at the struts in the 6th picture) and the perfect lighting - this lead me to give you 5 stars dude!

only crits about the architecture itself, but thats not my business ;)

rip
07-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Did you modelled the whole thing in one piece, or the interior shots are separate modelling, with bacgrounds from the whole image? Just because on the first image the junction of the second (?) floor is shifted a bit, and not seamless..., or is this just another optic illusion of this glsaa kingdom?

The Final solution was modeled in one piece (hiding Interior Refx)
The glass in the corner made an optic refraction illusion...
some renders are animations frames, with severals optimization

Rei Ayanami
07-09-2003, 09:07 PM
its amazing work, but i just have to hilight some tiny flaws, they are not that noticable:

Image 1, the yellow taxi trucks look like they are through the floor, and the bg image is lit so differently, but only with good look do i see that.

image 3, again that yellow truck draws the eye to itself, but it is so underdetailed, and with the MB it just looks so off. prehaps some dirt on it if you work like this again.

also, you should trasht the place and do some more shots, still 'brand new!' ehh!

(get this on the front page now!)

arno barbo
07-09-2003, 09:10 PM
amazing stuff!
It would take me all my life to do that work. Congratulations!:surprised

Error
07-09-2003, 09:18 PM
wow i would like to see the entire aiport explodes!!! A N I M A T I O N !!!

DogmaD
07-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Really amazing work!

I would like to know what programs you have used to create this visualy amazing work. :)

DogmaD
07-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Really amazing work!

I would like to know what programs you have used to create this visualy amazing work. :)

munkY
07-10-2003, 02:49 AM
hmm
i would like some wireframes

other than that, outstanding :thumbsup:

i love the fourth and the fifth image

SheepFactory
07-10-2003, 04:51 AM
incredible ,

I would love to see your lighting setup for some of the images.

dimitrios_c
07-10-2003, 05:18 AM
Ok, some of those pictures are totally photoreal... So much so that i demand wireframes....its our right! :scream: :applause:

hwachai
07-10-2003, 05:22 AM
amazing stuff ....

!!!!!!

singularity2006
07-10-2003, 05:24 AM
geez... that is amazing. the fact that it doesn't look "clean cut" makes it look more like a photo than a rendering... geez... then u know it's a rendering and ur like... omfg!! :buttrock:

ceql
07-10-2003, 05:27 AM
Wow! Very awesome! :applause: :applause:

Originally posted by Sheep Factory
incredible ,

I would love to see your lighting setup for some of the images.

I second that notion, I'd love to see some :)

AL_SanMiguel
07-10-2003, 05:34 AM
WOW, very nice work Photoshop in a few dirt/rust spots here and there. The images are wonderful overall though. :thumbsup:

-----------------------------------------
AL
www.SMGD.com (http://www.smgd.com)

BurrowingDuck
07-10-2003, 06:08 AM
COMPLETELY AWESOME. only 1 critique i can have is that the waves in the first picture are too big. other than that its AMAZING!

SquirrelyJones
07-10-2003, 06:14 AM
very good work, I'm curriouse as to how you got them to look like a painting. are the textures paint-like or is the whole image just put through a filter, or is it something in the render process? I must know.

G-Prime
07-10-2003, 06:46 AM
ooooooooooooohhhh... :cool:

future14
07-10-2003, 06:46 AM
hey man.its damn awesome man...can upload ur hi-res renderings??:D

Solace9
07-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Beautiful and Exact.
Thanks for the inspiration.

L&RviaS9

:applause:

Joel Hooks
07-10-2003, 08:45 AM
That is fantastic. Is that Max's scanline renderer? Surely not. I would love to see a short paperwritten about this work. The lighting, modeling, texturing, everything is top notch.

Kubik
07-10-2003, 08:52 AM
you`ve done this? can`t belive-it`s just amazing!!!

Sytron
07-10-2003, 08:57 AM
incredible work!!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:
good artist 3d ( great modelador...impressive illuminator....etc... )

Un saludo ripete ;)

Jonatan [sytron]

John Lee
07-10-2003, 09:20 AM
so which camera did you use and which airport did you go to to get these pics? hehehe . Nah man it's excellent stuff Photo rea;l!! Good job!!

John

endseason
07-10-2003, 09:22 AM
very good job,
it reminds me a lot the airport in fuerte ventura...pretty the same feel approching to it...

Nando3D
07-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by endseason
very good job,
it reminds me a lot the airport in fuerte ventura...pretty the same feel approching to it...

I think the same , I was going to ask the samething, Fuerteventura airport.. very familiar...

nando

siquier
07-10-2003, 09:46 AM
bah!! too late to be Master Award in EXPOSÉ :cry:
You are the best, awesome viz, my applause to u :applause:

Benkenove
07-10-2003, 10:01 AM
WAUUUUUUUUUU.... IT´s AMAZINGGGGGGGG..... REally Great... is the best Architectural Visualization I ever seen before... You are the BEST man... reallly really shocking...

I don´t know how you do all of this but, you are GOD man, I know what I say.

P.D. endseason, Nando3D.... Is the new airport of La Palma, sabreis de lo que os hablo... ta al ladito, amigos canarios... xDDD. Yo que vivo en la isla vecina lo se muy bien... hasta otra...

Este tio es DIOS reencarnado en un 3D MASTER.,.

facial
07-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Excellent work. I love it.
:D

actpower
07-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Simply Awesome!!!. Congratulations for your work!!!

See ya! ;-)

Pues eso, que cojonudo, tio. Ya lo había visto antes, pero debo felicitarte aqui :-)

tai
07-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Great work!
The light is incredible!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

BeCOOL_MiN
07-10-2003, 11:51 AM
COOL~~~:eek:

Amazing work..

I would like to see some videos from ur work.

ShinChanPu
07-10-2003, 11:54 AM
Amazing work!!! I love the light and colours... One question: Is it a personal work or is a proffesional project?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nosalis
07-10-2003, 12:00 PM
Great work. I relly like the color feeling of your images. There`s plenty of work.

D-D-I
07-10-2003, 12:29 PM
:bowdown: :drool:

***** for u!!

juanjgon
07-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Great work ... :applause:

Very good illumination and surfacing. I love architectural style, far from "commercial" stuff (you know ... people, plants ... who always destroy building dimension and image ...)

Regards,

JBoskma
07-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Awesome... Photorealism on top. I love the pics of the hall with the couches, and the main entrance. Very nice! *wires?:thumbsup:

lebada
07-10-2003, 01:02 PM
if i would've tried to make a scene as big as your, my computer would have crashed..lol:)

amazing work

rip
07-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Exterior Wires posted...
Details of "footbridge Light"

Kel Solaar
07-10-2003, 01:16 PM
Impressive work!! That's very photorealistic!

brenden
07-10-2003, 01:26 PM
jeez,~~~stunning stuff!!
u r my idol,man!

fnselmi
07-10-2003, 01:44 PM
man it takes something truly shocking to make me get off my ass and post.
I cannot beleivfe that the whoe thing is 3d, amazing lighting andwell everything, but the lighting is great!

huck
07-10-2003, 01:54 PM
Impressive indeed!!!
It would be interesting to know the creative process in directing of photography, I notice some of the areas are slightly over exposed in the images, which in real photography, taking a photo of that magnitude and in such an open area would give the same results. My compliments to you on realism!

Regards,

Gkar
07-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Paso de postear en ingles hoy, eres el mejor con diferencia, los demás son meros aprendices, cada vez que pones algun render tuyo me quedo :drool: ya nos veremos :)

ZVAN
07-10-2003, 03:13 PM
wow, how did u match the 3d with the real thang together.. great! i was thinking that i wanna work on a project like this too.. u're a great inspiration! welldone!!:applause: :thumbsup: :buttrock:

Neural Riptide
07-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Excellent photorealism in the images!

However, the first thing that caught my attention and pointed to it being CG is the way the two 747's are set up. The 747 on the right hand side would be pushed back beyond the one on the left before they made any sort of attempt to turn it. Otherwise you'd end up with the current situation in which a: the plane will hit it's wing on something as it moves forward, and b: the two planes are far to close together.

other than that, they are great images. :)

mikewebb
07-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Good job... I find the technical work excellent.

A couple things stick out,

The planes look out of scale. They are way too big. They make the airport look very small. (It wouldn't have that many 747s if it were a small airport, unless it was an island airport, which I believe it might be with the water in the first image.)

And second,

The two planes at the bottom of the first image look way too close. I would be freaking if the pilot pulled that close to another plane.

Mike

unclebob
07-10-2003, 04:17 PM
great work... it is breathtaking in detail. The only crit is purely an operational one.. as mikewebb pointed out. The two jumbo's wouldn't be that close to each other and that is the first thing that caught my eye and pulled me away from the believability of your image. I worked on aircraft in the USAF and jet fuel is in my blood, so I notice the little things. I did notice that the second one is being pulled by a tug, even so they wouldn't be that close.

With the exception of this, your image is beyond words to tell how amazing it really is. At first I thought it was a real airport with some CG buildings that you added along with the aircraft. After seeing the rest of the images I knew it was all CG and was completely blown away.

regards,
bob

blasphemy3_d
07-10-2003, 04:39 PM
Hi all

RlP

You are the master! The images are simply amazing as I told you first time I saw it.

SUPERB job!!!!

PS: te invito a un birra mañana campeon :beer:

rip
07-10-2003, 04:45 PM
It would be interesting to know the creative process in directing of photography, I notice some of the areas are slightly over exposed in the images, which in real photography, taking a photo of that magnitude and in such an open area would give the same results.

Well actually,the renders engines (Arnold-Vray-Brazil-etc) can make a render very "lineal", with "no exposure" areas...witn correction gamma,diferent level in black and white point...etc etc ...but i prefer be closer to the typical photos aberrations-exposedures "errors".

excuse my english :(

groucho
07-10-2003, 05:33 PM
excellent work
you are a person......... COJONUDA and better artist

:applause: :bowdown:

Night
07-10-2003, 06:12 PM
wow :eek:
impressive :buttrock:

mefestofel
07-10-2003, 07:11 PM
woweeee. The lighting is amazing, not to mention the texturing and shading. I would love to see the wires of the interior

Signal2Noise
07-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Must be Mirabel Airport (Montreal). That would explain the emptiness.;)

Great job!:thumbsup:

3bleadpencil
07-10-2003, 08:49 PM
Great rendering.....were you commisioned to do the final presentations?...if you were....who designed the airport and were is it going to be located?......great work....but I'm not to keen on some the design elements.....(the exposed ceiling joists or beams in particular.....aren't as articulated as some of the window glass bracing).....maybe it's an cost issue.....I guess I'm not really critiquing your rendering capabilities......just the designers choices in some the detailing.....it looks like another Kansai..........or Kuwala Lumpur in some aspects.
I'm still in awe at the rendering though.....much respect!
Regards

homeless
07-10-2003, 09:30 PM
A-C-O-J-O-N-A-N-T-E...

I've seen those images some hours ago but I couldn't react untill now.
Perfect, clean.
R||P "the king".

markbones
07-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Must be Mirabel Airport (Montreal). That would explain the emptiness.;)
LMAO!!! Maybe Rip's next piece of work can be Olympic Stadium - that's pretty empty too.

Fantastic work!:applause:

Signal2Noise
07-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Ahh...Stade Olympique. Olympic Stadium. "The Big O". "The Big Orifice".:D

Bio Dome is cool, tho'!:thumbsup:

NanoGator
07-10-2003, 10:07 PM
*tempted to create accusations that these are really photos, so long as it's taken as a compliment...*

:thumbsup:

Digiegg
07-10-2003, 11:09 PM
you sure this isn't photography?:eek:

rock
07-11-2003, 03:01 AM
Rip,

Gorgeous lighting. If possible, can you share with us the lighting experience?

Thanks.

Ex Tessera
07-11-2003, 04:09 AM
Looks really really good. Only one thing:

If this is for a client who intends to build this airport, you might want to make it a little nicer looking, especially in that first picture. It looks a little old and run down in some of the pictures (but not at all in others).

It looks real with the grit, but I'd make it look nice before showing clients.

chase311
07-11-2003, 05:05 AM
:buttrock:

Turbonium
07-11-2003, 05:32 AM
Great looking airport. I especially like the big waiting room thing with the 1 piece seats... My style. Everything about it is sophisticated, yet minimalist at the same time.

It has that whole futuristic, trancy, european touch to it. I love it.

rip
07-11-2003, 05:55 AM
Rock : Gorgeous lighting. If possible, can you share with us the lighting experience?

I Use different ways to illuminate, it depends on which render engine uses. About Arnold render i cant tell nothing yet...with v-ray and max gi render, in difficults interior scenes i render by layers. Layer difuse - Layer direct - Layer radiosity, and composite then together. In the most part of Airport i only use Skylight + Direct lighting...in others only Skylight and some particular shader in the glass = the glass in some parts was emissive object (Layer emisive)...
Excuse my english, some day i will post a Video Lighting Tutorial
BEst Regards

Zephirus
07-11-2003, 05:59 AM
Pfft, I thought we were in a Computer Graphic forum, not a photographer one!

Seriously, this is awesome!

NowhereMan
07-11-2003, 06:00 AM
HOLY CREEPIN GEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant believe this stuff bro, u are a god, specially a RENDER and LIGHTIN god.... oh no ....KILL ME!!!!:surprised

Thats the best archit stuff rendered on a 3d prog that i ever seen in my dull life heheh...if someone has ever seen somthin better than this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, i cant get enough of the shit

:bowdown: :bowdown:

rip
07-11-2003, 06:21 AM
ceql Originally posted by Sheep Factory and ceql : incredible , I would love to see your lighting setup for some of the images

I promise you i´ll post a tutorial with a more simple scene to explain the layer concepts i usually used and the values i choice with differents renders engines

ceql
07-11-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by rip
I promise you i´ll post a tutorial with a more simple scene to explain the layer concepts i usually used and the values i choice with differents renders engines

wow, sounds great! Thanks alot! :applause: :)

Traiven3d
07-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Wow... theres really nothing else to say.

One question though:

How much creative control do you have when doing renders like this, and how much is dictated by the arcitects and designers (i'm making an assumption that your primary focus is the Cg end of things)?

Cheers!

adboy
07-11-2003, 09:56 AM
fantasic stuff

i too would love to see the lighting setups for the internal shots

congratulations to the 3 of u
quality work:applause:

Space Penguin
07-11-2003, 10:15 AM
Say, does anybody know if such a floor really exists?
I like the fact that it's made of one piece and that it's shiny.

Is it scratchable? Is it easy to clean?
I think I want one in my own house.

Nosalis
07-11-2003, 10:55 AM
Lighting lighting lighting,

Looking fwd to lighting tips. It looks really great.

DAREONER
07-11-2003, 10:55 AM
whaaooo where is the 3d? very very realistic:buttrock:

Neil
07-11-2003, 03:04 PM
what does 'layer direct' mean?
I know what you mean by skylights for the exterior, but your explanation was hard to understand... i guess lack of english understanding.
argh, anyone willing to help him out?

*edit: Oh yeah, what's the poly count?:surprised

santiago
07-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Alejandro, are you an architect?
How long have you been modeling in 3D?
Your imagery is very good, I prefer the interior scenes, they have an artistic feel to them. The outdoor scenes might need some work on the DoF and matching 3D with real-life photography.
Congratulations! :buttrock: :buttrock:
muy muy loco

Ac0rN
07-11-2003, 05:02 PM
DUDE !!!!!!!!!! :buttrock:

Carbon
07-11-2003, 05:59 PM
OMG. I couldn't believe you modeled that in a 3d program! It is so detailed and real! GJ GJ

Negat0ry.
07-11-2003, 06:02 PM
:beer: Wow Simply amazing, cant say much else, im amazed. Didnt believe that it was a real render, i doubt many of us did.. one of the best ive seen on this site! :thumbsup:

TEMPO
07-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Que casualidad, vengo del aeropuerto y me encunetro estos renders, ejejej

Felicidades campeon!!!:thumbsup: flexlm ;)

igor
07-11-2003, 06:36 PM
Absolutely fantastic. Yeah, give us tutorial - fil us with thou knowledge dude!

Igor

stiki
07-11-2003, 06:55 PM
igor??

i thought i was the only one...

where are you from??

karthik420
07-11-2003, 08:45 PM
just mindblowin peace of wrk dude why dont u do one thng just sell it off man am sure big cos will surely buy uir plan man u r awsome.peace

blasphemy3_d
07-14-2003, 08:31 AM
I was just wondering..... Where is the award??

:shrug:

Nosalis
07-14-2003, 08:40 AM
That`s right, where is the award ?!?

Novakog
07-14-2003, 10:09 AM
My god man, these are awesome :thumbsup:! So wait, you guys modelled the entire exterior and interior of an airport?!!! Not only that, but you made it photoreal! Wow! I mean, :drool:. Keep it up man.

Oh, one more thing, where is the award... lol I couldn't help it :beer:.

siquier
07-14-2003, 11:13 AM
I also think that this post deserves an award. Some images are beautiful.

Engy
07-14-2003, 03:44 PM
Excellent work, i wish i had your patience

rip
07-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by blasphemy3_d
I was just wondering..... Where is the award??

:shrug:

your words are more important that any prize
thanks for all your comment...

oxhido
07-14-2003, 05:47 PM
hehehehe

yep,

award please :cool:

Neil
07-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Maybe my post got lost in the mix.

But i would still like to get some info on:

-render
-rendering time
-poly count

Thanks!

Palladio
07-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Where is the award?? This work is awesome! :eek:

R|P you're THE ARCHIT3D!!! :applause:

Benkenove
07-15-2003, 01:38 AM
There are many misterys in this world....

One of them should be..."how the hell you made that ABSOLUTLY PERFECT WORK.... and another may be like other people said... the award...

Well, you don´t need any award, you have my respect and admiration. YOU ARE LIKE A GOD FOR ME. I want to be like you, and I hope some day I could reach at your level, that would be the Nirvana...

Anyway... I want to let you know that this work is the BEST ARCHITECTURAL WORK I EVER SEEN... (and of course, it should be on the main pages of Exposé... )

Congratulations, you are amazing.

razzi
07-15-2003, 01:52 AM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!......you guys have turned me crazy !!!!!!.....Amazing work!!!!!!!!, you guys really crazy man....so much detail in this image though.......FOOOOOOOO!!!!....wish to have a team to build up that kind of Superb Scene!

Congratulations.

olijosman
07-15-2003, 09:26 AM
great professional work!!:applause:

Icestar
07-15-2003, 02:24 PM
wow,thats a lot of work! awesome.

rip
07-16-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Maybe my post got lost in the mix.

But i would still like to get some info on:

-render
-rendering time
-poly count

Thanks!

-Vray
-10-15 min frame dual xeon (res. 768*) 1 hour res.1600*
-around 1.000.000 polys
thanks everyone

edit:i used Arnold Gi in animation and some renders i´ll post. I cant tell nothing about Arnold Render :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.