PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or...?

Signal2Noise
07-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Hello Distinguished Lightwave Users.

I'm wondering if this is a good deal or not? I have the opportunity to purchase a used copy LW[7.5] along with free upgrade to [8.0] and DFX package for about 2k CDN. It's through an authorized reseller and therefore license and such is transferable.

What do you think? Can it be had for cheaper or should I pony up more bucks for a brand new set? :shrug:

Shade01
07-09-2003, 06:38 PM
what does 2k CDNtranslate to for US dollars?

Signal2Noise
07-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Approx. $1500 US.

Limbus
07-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Well, its as much as the whole thing did cost until the NewTek DFX+ Deal ended. So if you want LW and DFX+ the price is O.K. since the deal is not availlable anymore.
If you just want LW you could probabbly get a cheap old LW version on Ebay and just pay the upgrade cost. This could save you some dollars.

Florian

Signal2Noise
07-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Another query:

I travel a lot. Can I have LW installed on both my home desktop and my laptop and simply move the dongle back and forth?

Limbus
07-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Another query:

I travel a lot. Can I have LW installed on both my home desktop and my laptop and simply move the dongle back and forth?
Yes:thumbsup:

Florian

robinson
07-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Another query:

Yes no problem, you can even use lightwave on a pc and a mac system that way, you will get a duo dongle.

There is even a legal way, yes it’s realy legal, to render on the home system with no dongle, just download the free LwsnC Plugin from dstorm.
That way you can go to clients with the laptop and the desktop at home is rendering on a Lightwave scene too… :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.