PDA

View Full Version : .AI files from Flash into LW

feo
07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Have you guys been able to import Flash files saved as .ai into lw?
It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it just won't do it.
I get nothing...

Daniel
07-10-2003, 12:30 AM
Ahh U mean Adobe Illustrator Vector Files?
It's tricky I never got one to work ( from photoshop to LW) :(

cya.

Steve Warner
07-10-2003, 01:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I've gotten this to work before. Can you describe your process to me? Start with what you're doing in Flash and then how you're getting it into LW.

Steve

Ikarus
07-10-2003, 02:05 AM
I've gotten both to work from Flash-->LW and Photoshop-->>Lightwave without a problem before in the past. Do you get an error when you try and import the "ai" filfe or is the shape closed up, etc. What version are you guys using.

feo
07-10-2003, 03:56 AM
I am using Flash MX and LW 7.5c.
Flash MX:
I go into Flash, I select export image, I select .ai from the file format drop down, I get a box asking what version of .ai file I want to create, I choose any ofthem (I tried all), I save the file.
Modeler:
I go to File/ import/ Epsf. I choose the .ai file I exported before, and I get nothing.

If I do the same thing to a file created on Illustrator, no problem. I tried all the choices for import. I tried converting the flash drawing to curves also.

Not sure what else I can try...

Remi
07-10-2003, 04:01 AM
I know that there is a problem going from ILL 10 to Lw but I don't know about flash...I use ILL 8 if I want to bring it into LW...don't know if that helps...if you have access to an earlier version of flash try it with that...it might work. Not sure though:thumbsup:

Steve Warner
07-10-2003, 06:59 AM
What type of graphic are you exporting? Are you converting your objects/text to outlines before exporting to an AI file?

richpr
07-10-2003, 07:42 AM
LW doesn't like AI files higher than 6.0... The HTML help says ESPFLoader has been tested to work with AI files up to 8.0

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.