PDA

View Full Version : Cybergirl class 2009 reunion :)

levius
03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Hello guys and girls! :) This is the place to meet and chat as well as to share our progress and help each other once the workshop is over. Please come by, say hello and post your best render.

This is what I got right now (I started kind of late :blush: )

satyajit
03-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi Peter,

This interaction between the students after the workshop was much required. Thanks a lot to your idea.

Satyajit

NextDesign
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
A reunion already? The class isn't even over yet! :D

MauritiusRay
03-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi guys, why can't we attach files here? should it be in another forum section? It looks like a nice place otherwise... :)

levius
03-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Yes its not over yet fortunately :) But the end is approaching and I am already feeling sad at the idea that it will be over next week :(

I had such a great time being part of it...

VaibhavMishra
03-29-2009, 06:46 AM
ya we don't have attachments here... how will we review each others work then??

NextDesign
03-30-2009, 03:07 AM
You can always use something like Photobucket or Imageshack.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c30/NextDesign/temp.jpg

See? :D

VaibhavMishra
03-30-2009, 04:59 AM
alright... thats great. :)

FreakyDude
03-30-2009, 02:49 PM
I like this idea, and I like imageshack too... :)

levius
03-30-2009, 03:18 PM
And we can also use www.rapidshare.com to share the geometry and other files. There is so many things I want to work on, I am sure I will not be able to finish on time. Would be great if we can continue together ;)

JWRodegher
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey guys, mind if I get in too? I finished the workshop in the last months of 2008. Maybe you want to keep it exclusive for your classmates, which would be ok. cheers!

levius
03-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey Likuidsnake, welcome ;) The more people that went through the workshop the better.
Please post your final render.

Feroon
03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Hi guys,

the workshop forum will be viewable for some more weeks though, correct?

vjeganmohan
03-31-2009, 09:00 AM
hi guys..hope all of u are doing good.
so glad..i could find a system...
now i know where to find u all..lets keep in touch..

Sarford
03-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi guys,

the workshop forum will be viewable for some more weeks though, correct?

Yeah, propably. I've done some workshops in the past and they stayed active for at least 6 months after the workshop finished.

Hi guys. Great idear Peter, good to continue this.

JWRodegher
03-31-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey guys! Great, I'm in then. I don't have renders yet I got stuck somewhere in the texturing I'll have soon time to work on this again. Meanwhile you can check the model here http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=706035&highlight=beachgirl

cheers!

NextDesign
04-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Looks good mate! Only thing I see is that the transition from the front of the face, to the side, is a little sharp. Use the average vertices command to fix it.

I'm right now rendering out the final image for the course. Sigh... What a crazy two months it's been!

MauritiusRay
04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
It looks Very good Likuid, and nice to meet you. The last finger knuckles all look too short to me, but that may be because they are bent while the previous articulations are not, which I don't think happens naturally. Just like John, I would say some things are a tiny bit too sharp but for me it would be the sacrum area, nicely designed, but faucets just a little too deep.
I noticed you're kind of an all quad guy, any chance to ever find a tri in there? :)

JWRodegher
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I apreciate the feedback! I agree with most of it, I'm tryin to get back on it soon and fix some stuff here and there.

Mauritius, I tried to keep it quad on the face, there are some tris and ngons here and there but they are pretty much hidden. The body has those all over the place, I left that only quad struggle a long time ago lol.

MauritiusRay
04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
:) For my part I left that only quad struggle quite recently: only thanks to the workshop!

vjeganmohan
04-19-2009, 07:13 AM
hi guys...

vidhya here. not to be off topic. but was not sure where else to ask...
what is the best configuration for maya in a laptop...
i need to buy one. but don't know which one..

thanks for the any help...

MauritiusRay
04-23-2009, 06:51 AM
It's something really hard to anwser since laptops are either to poor performance wise or autonomy wise... If you don't mind keeping it plugged, then go for one of the big brands like dell, with an Nvidia graphics card... or an alienware (though I've read bad feedback about those) Lenovo for a good deal. I don't know if maya runs on macs, if so I could add mac on top of the list.
I would choose a processor the highest I can , over 2Ghz. And as I said a graphics cards that is NOT any intel or integrated generic one. either an Nvidia (best) or ATI.
Keep in mind I use mostly Max and Blender so it has to be confirmed for maya. You should find plenty of other threads on that topic, I guess that's why nobody answered

NextDesign
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Well, if you need a laptop for 3d, and want the best performance, there are some "workstations for your lap" out there. There is one from Boxxtech here. http://boxxtech.com/products/goBOXX/goboxx_overview.asp

Mac's work well for Maya as well. I've had some problems with 2009 though. Also, there are not a lot of plugins built for the Mac. MEL scripts work fine of course though.

It's kind of a hard decision. The biggest one for me is the graphics card. Maya is "picky" with them. They need to have good OpenGL support. A mobile Quadro, or something like that should do the trick, unless you want graphic glitches....

It's a hard decision... Best of luck!

vjeganmohan
04-24-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks a lot guys..i m still looking for other options and searching the forums too..

thanks again guys...

NextDesign
06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm working (on and off) on this project again. You can see all my progress here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=769600

Take it easy guys :)

-John

Sarford
03-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Sorry for dragging this corpse of a thread back from the dead, but I thought it was kind of appropriate. I finished my cyber girl, finally. Took me long enough though.
Here is an image of it, a bigger one is in my portfolio.

I'm very curious if some of you also finished it and can show some pictures.

http://www.blinq.net/pictures/Final_Shake.jpg

levius
03-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Hey Sarford! It looks great, please post more pictures ;) I am planing to go back to my cybergirl and finish her too.

MauritiusRay
04-13-2010, 09:19 AM
It's looking great! though I couldn't find it on your website.

VaibhavMishra
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, It looks great.
:D

I completed my Cyber girl too but I wasn't satisfied so I restarted. I'm done with the model now.
Will texture it and post the final image very soon.

:)

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.