PDA

View Full Version : Orange Blossom, Lena Bazhenova (2D)

Elitha
03-26-2009, 06:05 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g00/274100/274100_1238047513_medium.jpg

Title: Orange Blossom
Name: Lena Bazhenova
Software: Photoshop

This started out as a simple doodle, but then the character came to life and I just had to paint her. This was really a bit of a challenge for me. I wanted to test myself and see if I could paint a picture from start to finish without using any references because I feel I am too reliant on them. I ended up taking a snapshot of my arm anyway though..
I realize several things could have been rendered better (like the dress ruffles), but I still feel like I have made a personal breakthough with this.
Any tips regarding lighting and depth especially would be greatly appreciated :))

Approximately 20 hours.

fionabus
03-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Good job! You did a top notch job on the hair, it looks great, the picture as a who is good, I think you should add a little variation to the folds in the dress, they're to similar. Try adding some little ones, big ones, and folds that come together/split.

All and all great job, keep up the good work and I hope you post some more here!

Elitha
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks so much!! I really appreciate the tips regarding the folds!

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2009, 10:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.