PDA

View Full Version : My Rigging Demo Reel

AnthonyThompson
03-26-2009, 04:35 AM
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to view my work.

http://www.leeanthonythompson.com/animation.php?video=demoreel

I appreciate all concerns and criticisms that I receive.

--Have a great day

Anthony

lenn0x
03-27-2009, 03:48 AM
This is really great! Love the music.. What software did you use to make the models?

thehive
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
your stuff is decent, but your rigs are lacking in some areas

shot1
leg :volume control on the stretching so the leg gets like thinner as it stretches
body: needs some blendshape correctives to smooth out the pinching
Rig: you would also need to show IK/FK switching for more control for the animators for legs and arms

shot2: (face rig)
lot of the blends are tugging on parts opposite each other, you need more expression to show off plus make use of a face gui to control the blends and controls on the face itself. That character can have a lot of expression that can be displayed but take your time with it you may end up with over 100 belndshapes.

shot3:(car)
cars really dont do that unless there ment to be cartoony i would chuck it or show you can open the doors an still defrom the whole car nicely

shot4: (Geraffe)
same as shot 1 but the neck is a major part in that animal ie like showing how you can deform it in all directions an still maintain volume in the neck

well hope that helps jus food for thought , keep it up man

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.