PDA

View Full Version : Animation: Waterdogs 3-D Intro

seaturtle
07-09-2003, 01:37 PM
Hey guys I did this intro 2 months ago and I am looking for serious feedback due to I am starting on the first webisode now. The intro is about 1 minute long, and each webisode will be about 3-5 mins long. This piece is setup like an intro to an animated series on television. It started out as a piece for my demo to show compositing/effects, textures, and painting backgrounds. I do not really consider myself an animator but I really did have fun animating all the characters. The animations were done in Poser, The effects and compositing were done in Combustion/After Effects, and the textures in photoshop. This is based on my comic book that came out last year called "Waterdogs". Here is the link.

www.markstef.com/wdmovie.html

seaturtle
07-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Good or bad crit's is fine by me?

mefestofel
07-10-2003, 08:26 PM
i would much rather see it in a cell shaded style. And for most part the character's movements seemed very un-netural and stiff, not to mention slow.(i know it was slow motion, but still too slow)

Ryan-B
07-10-2003, 08:54 PM
The opening title is illegible.

Most of the shots are held too long.

Rickmeister
07-11-2003, 01:05 AM
i agree on both coments,

but i have 2 notice the timing of the music, and the changes of the shots where nicely done.

(sorry 4 my bad english)

seaturtle
07-11-2003, 01:48 AM
Ya I agree that it is a little slow, I do have a question what does illegal mean?

Ryan-B
07-11-2003, 02:17 AM
illegible

\Il*leg"i*ble\, a. Incapable of being read; not legible; as, illegible handwriting; an illegible inscription

seaturtle
07-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Really the Waterdogs logo is to illegible, Sorry for the misspelling on (illegal) I have to admit the compression is not the greatest. Thanks for the comments guys keep them coming.

mattmos
07-11-2003, 01:58 PM
I found the final sequence when the characters landed on the lettering to be slightly strange, because they are rotating backwards to land - maybe if you had the characters come into screen from above, or fade in as they are doing a forward flip onto the lettering, it would have more impact?

seaturtle
07-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Ya it does seem wierd when I look back at it. They always reminded me of animated Barbie dolls in that sequence. Thanks for the comments guys this really helps. This is really my first animations

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.