PDA

View Full Version : Marker drawing in Photoshop

Norante
05-06-2002, 05:45 PM
Hello

I was wondering if any of you have any practice with marker rendering in Photoshop.

Markers are quite expensive here, and I don't want to waste my money... so practicing in Photoshop would be really good.

If you know of any tutorial, or setup for Photoshop/Painter, please let me know.

Thanks

NeoNautica
05-07-2002, 11:52 AM
Prisma Color markers cost a pretty penny... If I find anything on the net I'll post it here... but as of right now I don't know any settings/tutorials for either programs regarding marker rendering...

Warden
05-07-2002, 12:47 PM
well if you have experience with markers you should be able to adapt your own workflow in PS pretty fast
just use a hard edged paintbrush with the percentage of black you need and as many layeres as possible (you can always merge them later)
in case you weren't aware the bracket keys make your brush larger and smaller and the number keys change the opacity of your current tool 1=10% 2=20% ... 0=100% (I never use the opacity slider)

Norante
05-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I tried that... I think it's a matter of practice

Thanks for the replies guys

Lightlytoasted
08-01-2002, 09:59 PM
Prismacolor markers can be bought here (http://www.prismacolor.com/)

jeroentje
08-02-2002, 11:24 AM
He Norante, good yo have you back.

Have you tried the Painter software? It has a very good marker option. Corel Painter Classic came with my Wacom and I'm starting to get a liking for it. Specially the fact that you can rotate your page and the very nice tools.

cheers, jeroentje

Norante
08-02-2002, 12:55 PM
Hello Jeroentje

Nice avatar, huh?

You wouldn't believe, but my tablet just died :cry:

Anyway, I will be looking forward to using the Painter. Thank you for the hint.

Regards

jeroentje
08-02-2002, 01:07 PM
Hehe, the bag had gotten a bit smelly after 3 months. So I took it off.
Sorry to hear about the lost of your Wacom. May it rest in peace (no chance in repairing? Maybe still some guarantee?)...

cheers, jeroentje

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.