PDA

View Full Version : how to set "rate" based on accelleration

f3derico
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
I need to set the rate birth based on movement of the emitter(mesh). when emitter accellerate or move faster I need more particles and when it slows or stopped, no particle. How can I do? need a script operator?

scrimski
03-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Try a birth script which reads the length of the vector of the emitter and creates particles/adpats the birt rate dependent on that.

jigu
03-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Or maybe you can lock particles on emitter then based "speed test" , spawn the particles.

EDIT : haha jono, :P so your's wasn't here.. but I beat u :D :P

JonathanFreisler
03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Or, a quick and dirty way would be to birth all the particles on the object from frame 0, lock bond, and use the 'break off when exceeds' or don't use that and use a speed test to send them to a new event.

Edit: ha ha ha jigu, your reply wasn't there when i clicked reply >< Great minds think alike.

f3derico
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
thank all for fast reply !!! I will try something...

@scrimski
I know something about script, but nothing about script in pflow, can you make me a quick exemple so I can start to use it?

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2009, 12:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.