PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about Digital Media Arts College or Max the Mutt?

taxguy
03-25-2009, 03:53 AM
What does anyone know about Digital Media Art College? Are there a significant number of grads working in the industry from there?

Same for Max the Mutt. I like their programs and emphasis on skills. I like the locations and love the pricing. However, their posted work seems a bit.......underwhelming ( see maxthemutt.com). In addition,, despite their claims of industry recruiting, , I would love to meet someone who really did get a job in the industry as a result of their training. Maybe I didn't overly love their work because they post all work and not just the crem de la crem. Myabe because they teach traditional skills and not as much computer animation.Either way, Anyone know anyone in the industry from there? Any knowledge about the school?

PEN
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
MaxTheMutt has been around for some time and always done a good job. If you are looking at 3D training at all have a look at Humber College in Toronto. Here is a direct site, http://humber3d.ca

rmac
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Are you talking about Digital Media Arts College in Boca Raton?

If so I do not personally know about the undergraduates. In the MFA a number of graduates are in education, including myself. A few have got in the industry.

Hope that helps.

taxguy
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Rmac, I am a bit confused. Did you go to the Digital Media Arts College for your MFA? If so, how was the program? Are there a lot of DMAC grads in the industry to your knowledge?

rmac
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Yes, I did go to Dmac of Boca Raton for my MFA. I do not want to speak poorly of the school or the program but you get what you the student put into it. They had the licenses and equipment that sometimes isn't readily availible to the individual. I was there when the program really just started ( I was in the 2nd batch of graduates). So I currently cannot what the curriculum looks like or what the state of the graduates are.

I can comment on the guys that I went to school with and hung around with are split. 6 of us are educators (professors or department chairs). And the other 4 that I hung around with did teach for while but are now working with studios or freelance.

I did hear that one of the graduates last year did land a job at Disney and was working on BOLT. But I do not know much about it.
If you want to ask me more specific questions I will do my best to answer them.

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.