PDA

View Full Version : "Fruity Love"

Manilo
03-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi there!

This is my first animated short film! I do 3d for a while now but never animated much before.

The story is very simple, its about the relationship between two fruits :)

It's a project for my uni where the deadline was unfortunately close, so I had to hurry up and ignore much the GI quality (often I used only Irradiance Cache instead of the combination with QMC). My 3d package was Cinema 4D R11 with Advanced Render 3, After Effects for small post and Finalcut for editing.

Now with enough time i want to re render some parts and also change some things because I'm not very happy with the kind of story telling, for example I want to add some actions when the orange approach the pear, maybe you have some ideas or suggestions, that would be great.

You can download a 720p version from here (recommended): http://martinlorenz.eu/fruity_love/fruity_love_720p_h.264.mp4
or watch it on ExposureRoom in 720p as well. http://exposureroom.com/fruitylove

With best regards,
Martin

McKee616
03-25-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey, pretty nice little piece of work there. I liked the squishy quality you got out of them.
I did wonder why the metallic-looking platter made a breaking sound like ceramic when it hit the ground, though. And if one were to be so picky, they would also wonder how it broke against ground soft and soil-y enough to grow a tree on, but then again, I noticed it was glued back together at the end with little cracks and ev'rything (nice detail), so I suppose my only comment on that note would be to maybe make it look a little more white like ceramic instead of gray-metallic as it came off to me.
I may be wrong, but nice animation either way, sir. :D

M4DM4N
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Nice work mate. Love the tree growing a mix of both fruits.

A suggestion for the orange animation would be to give it a hunky guy wannabe walk with his big orange chest sticking out!

I also agree that the plate sounds need to be changed.

mgkaplan
03-27-2009, 02:02 AM
I think you did a very nice job and I really liked how even through the credits you maintained the short's style. One thing I felt when I watched it was that it wasn't immediately visually apparent that the hybrid fruit was in fact a mix between the two previously. I mean, I think everyone will understand that it is the union of the previous fruits, but I think the problem is that in my mind both fruits were reddish in color. I know that the pear fruit is green but when it blushes that was the memory that I had in my head of it.

I think that it would be really cool to see two different types of trees/vines growing up together, entwined, until they met in a single branch to really signify unity. Great work!

Manilo
04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
thank you guys for the response!

@McKee616 and M4DM4N
I tried to make the plate out of porcelain, but your're right, it reflects too much and look like metal! I think it would be more funny if the orange first do something like you said M4DM4N, so thanks for the suggestion!

greetings

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2009, 09:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.