PDA

View Full Version : character: Bin Laden - first pose

Andreasson
07-09-2003, 03:01 AM
Hi there,

Here is the first pose on Bin Laden. I have just this front-pose for now because I havn´t solved the texturing yet... Anyway, My plan is to do a series of shapes on him and do some facial animation. Havn´t a clue how to make the beard follow the movements but I hope I can fix that somehow.

All comments are welcome!

Tomas Andreasson

http://www.graphicpunch.com/3DImages/BinLaden.jpg

leigh
07-09-2003, 05:19 AM
I don't have time to post a crit right now, but I thought I'd better post a warning here that this thread must NOT turn into a political debate.

Andreasson, you have chosen a very risky subject here, and we actually usually don't allow work of a political nature on CG Talk.

However, I'll see what happens with the responses, so please people, let's stay cool here.

Thanks,
Leigh
[MODERATOR]

halogenic139
07-09-2003, 05:48 AM
its cool, but the shape of the face just doesn't really look like that of bin laden.

have you found any good front angle photos of his head to compare to yours?

psyop63b
07-09-2003, 06:00 AM
The model has the feeling of a charicature, so I don't think the shape of the head is too much a problem. The beard could use some more control and not look so "clumpy", but then again the real thing wasn't known for his hygene.

dimitrios_c
07-09-2003, 06:49 AM
Um maybey the eyes need improving...i know it may sound corny but they need to be darker...i think the bags and folds of skin around his eyes are more prominent...you don't tend to get much sleep when you're on the run i suppose.:shrug:

DaJuice
07-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Cool likeness, but like dimitrios said, the eyes and the skin around them need to look older. Cover up the rest of the face with your hand and look only at the eyes, and you'll notice they're a bit too young looking.

Levitateme
07-09-2003, 08:32 AM
i think that is great looking, the face actually looks to CG for me. but the beard i really like.

Inktvlek
07-09-2003, 11:51 AM
nice shape of the face!!! But I guess the eyes need more work, like dimitrios_c said... they need to be deeper and the skin should 'hang' more try to think of people that haven't slept for a few days! I like the beard this way, it fits the character, but the color needs a bit more work

mahir
07-09-2003, 12:18 PM
I would say the forehead also looks a little too smooth and 'clean'. Maybe add some wrinkles there?
Like the way the beard looks though.

Andreasson
07-09-2003, 02:01 PM
OPS! I didn´t have a single thought about that this is controversial! His face appears in magazines etc etc every day.

I agree that the eye´s are too white in the "white parts" Have to look over the settings. I think that enhances the CG-look(that everyone trires to get away from as much as possible)

I also agree that the eyes need more wrinkles,(as well as his forehead) I work on that.

The beard is tougher though, If I push up the "subdiv" for the strands I takes forever to render... But I'll try it.

Tomas Andreasson

Anton Andriesh
07-09-2003, 02:14 PM
Nothing in common with Bin Laden. Maybe just drug-addicted Bin Laden. I don't see any idea or sense in whis work... :rolleyes:

Andreasson
07-09-2003, 02:16 PM
To halogenic139: I know he doesn´t really look like this and that his head isn´t really this thin.

I´m not doing a portrait. What I´m trying to do is a charicature:)

Andreasson

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.