PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon in Greece

Peoples
05-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm new here - just thought I post this new image of mine here. Inspired by the Sponza atrium and testing some radiosity settings. Modeled and rendered in Cinema 4D XL 7.3 Tell me what you think?

chesky Wang
05-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Hi, I think the edge of the shadow is too hard to realistic shadow,
and the scene need more Grecian elements to emphasis itĄŁ
But I like it.
:)

Sieb
05-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Yea, shadows need to be a bit softer, especially ifits an evening shadow. And the textures on a few the columns need to be rotated so all of them don't look the same.

bramley1
05-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Nice render, but be sure not to wash out the walls where there is direct sunlight, they seem to be getting to white

but looking pretty sweet

gigatron
05-06-2002, 09:19 PM
I also see that the textures are quite flat? some bumps plz? Its especially visible on the pillars

l_farley13_l
05-06-2002, 10:02 PM
Some green !! :D Bevels on the edges wouldn't hurt, get the bevel plug from plugin cafe if you don't have it.

Many more elements are needed too. Perhaps model some of the floor/collumns with disarryed bricks here and there to break up the ground, and then use it to create a map, import to PS, tile, use for small distant spots. :bounce: Even the distant ground could have a little angles/ bumps in the geometry here and there too! Some more dirtying might be needed too.

see you,

Farely13

PS you might want this sent to the WIP section, contact a mod by PM :) :bounce:

Jungul
05-06-2002, 11:48 PM
And like bramley was saying...the light on the left side of the image is unrealistically harsh and is blowing out alot of the detail there. I would say as a whole, everything needs to be softened....the lights, the shadows and the corners of the geometry. Nothing existing in nature is quite that sharp.

*=JunGul=*

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.