PDA

View Full Version : Still: Surgery Assembly Line

LordShaitan
07-09-2003, 12:19 AM
Greetings all, this is officially my first 100% digital painting. The drawing isnt mine, it was taken from a thread on another forum, you can see it here (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1132). C/C is most welcomed

http://www.blueoniondesigns.com/jeff/surgery_assembly_line.jpg

LordShaitan
07-09-2003, 03:17 AM
Anybody?

Houkah
07-09-2003, 04:29 AM
over 100 views and no reply... :rolleyes:
Anyway I think it looks great especially after seeing the sketch that you worked on (there's almost no depth in the sketch it seems). I really like the look you got for the background wall and the guy's skin but i'm not too thrilled with the blood. It could be because it lacks the outline that's prevelant on every other part of the piece. Anyways i think you did a great job and definitely added to the 'feel' of the piece. :thumbsup: BTW what happened to the tissue box?

LordShaitan
07-09-2003, 04:42 AM
Unfortunatly w/ the blood it was hard to show that it was blood in the lighting condition. So i added a little more hue to it. I do agree that it didnt come out the way i wanted, but its alright. (In future this is where the cioncept paintings come into use.)

I dished the tissue box because there was already to much going on in the scene. In the scetch it fit great, but w/ my color scheme i didnt feel it had miportance plus i feel that the focal point was the guy and the blood, not a little tissue box.

Thanks for the comments.

jeef
07-09-2003, 05:05 AM
i rekon it looks pretty cool, but at first i thought the blood was on the wall behind him... maybe some shadow on the walls if the light is right?

nice work tho :)

Inktvlek
07-09-2003, 10:46 AM
nice work, it's a shame the author didn't do it himself! (this is amazingly good though!):thumbsup:

cuse
07-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Was just about to post in your WIP but noticed you had finished already ;)

Cant believe so few posts... i think this is a great painting fantastic sketch from the artist, did you show him your work?

good job :applause:

cuse

LordShaitan
07-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the comments. Yes i did show him and he enjoyed it very much, he was suprised to see that someone still was working on it. heh.

Wbilliam
07-09-2003, 10:01 PM
can I see what the sketch looks like, by the way I think its f**kin awsome.:buttrock:

Wbilliam
07-09-2003, 10:03 PM
oops, never mind about the sketch I see it. I need to start paying more attention

Klaymen
07-09-2003, 10:05 PM
you shouldnt utter his name ...

Solesurvivor
07-09-2003, 10:37 PM
considering the sketch you had as a start, you pulled off some amazing work, bringing depth and light sources to the painting, at a very believable level

quality work :thumbsup:

LordShaitan
07-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Solesurvivor
considering the sketch you had as a start, you pulled off some amazing work, bringing depth and light sources to the painting, at a very believable level

Thank you very much. Thinking back i kind of wish i didnt do this sketch because it didnt have alot of depth to it. Eh we learn from our mistakes right?

leigh
07-10-2003, 12:19 AM
I really like this. I like the style a lot, and the colours are cool too. The only things that kinda bug me a little are the reflections in his glasses (which are perhaps a little too strong/bold), and the blood (which just looks a bit... weird).

But then again, they kinda add a whimsical and strange element to the image.

I think you did a lot of justice to the sketch - surpassed it, actually. Really cool piece of work :thumbsup:

LordShaitan
07-10-2003, 12:30 AM
Thank you, unfortunatly i realized that with my lighting scheme that the reflections on the goggles wouldnt be the way they appear to be. I thought to put a reflection of the body that he was working on, but that would be far to clutered for that area.

I would also like to clear up the blood issue. Unfortunatly i also dont care for it, but with the other people who tried to paint this they modified the picture beyond the style of the original drawing. I wanted to keep everythign intact as if i was nu-able to change it. (nice lessons for when i get out into the real world)

BTW. I just updated it a bit, nothing huge, just a couple touches here and there. Nothing anybody but myself would notice.

Again i thank you all for the comments.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.