PDA

View Full Version : Any grads here from Max the Mutt?

taxguy
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I was looking at Max the Mutt here for my daughter. Anyone here a grad? Trying to find out if there are any grads from there working in the industry and/or have experience with the school?

polyman
03-25-2009, 02:52 AM
I drive by that school when I go to work so I know where it is but I no very little about the place other then it being a private college that seems expensive. Does your daughter want to go for traditional animation or computer? There are alternatives in Toronto like Seneca or Sheridan college.

RowanSimpson
03-25-2009, 03:43 AM
Speaking on schools is always a touchy subject, cause everyone's experience is a bit different.

I attended Max the mutt for a Animation Seminar a few years back on Laban Principles or something like that. I enjoyed the workshop, wasn't what I expected but it was good.

As for the School directly, I know of 3 people that attended Max The Mutt only to later decide it wasnt the right school for them and they ended up attended Seneca which is where I met them. A few of the consistent were:

1. They hated the dress code (not sure why a school has a dress code)
2. There were complaints about the facilities and supplies ..

And I "THINK" the school is not opened 24hrs. Not sure if that has changed.

On a positive note they all loved the life drawing classes.

These are very general and the only reasons I feel is appropriate for me to write on here without feeling like i'm bashing the school. Feel free to drop me a PM if you would like to discuss it further.

Personally I would recommend Seneca or Sheridan if your daughter is looking to do Classical+3D.

I dont think those schools are as expensive as Max The Mutt but I could be wrong.

apoc519
03-26-2009, 07:27 AM
I left Max the Mutt before the end of the first year and went straight into Senecas 3D program.

Then tended to treat people like children and I had issues with some of the teachers. The information was good and I learned a lot, but in the end it was a few key people I just couldn't deal with.

This was about 6 years ago so things may have changed.

I've never met anyone who graduated from their 3D program, but plenty who have come from their 2D and taken 3D somewhere else(Seneca)

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2009, 07:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.