PDA

View Full Version : Character Animation + Sound Clip WIP

Tad Ghostal
03-23-2009, 07:29 AM
I started this a couple of days ago and have been working on it off and on. Before I go any further I'd love to get some critiques. I used Maya to animate it and Jason Baskin's (http://www.3dcentral.com/) Blake character.

You can view it here: Character Animation + Sound Clip WIP V.1 (http://www.vimeo.com/3812486)

Tad Ghostal
03-26-2009, 05:28 PM
No comments?

Zookoo
03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey there,
I think when he turns and looks at the camera, might be best to leave some time for him to realize someones behind him before he starts pointing. It could work if he is already facing the camera in the start. The clip seems a tad too short, but its possible to extend the beginning I guess ;p

KyleG
03-26-2009, 06:22 PM
The gesture on "pass" may be a little late, make sure he's hitting the down pose on the "a" or just before it on "pass" Also you may want to work on the glasses shaking, right now they seem to be shaking on their own and you want the head to be whats causing them to shake. Keep going

detached
03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I agree with Kyle. He needs his whole body to hit the accent on "YOU" or if not on that frame then a frame or two before. Id do what Sandra said. Its a bit weird for him to be doing something as mundane as writing on a chalkboard right before making such a forceful statement. It seems to come out of no where. Maybe have some more time running up to the dialog.
Have his arms lead into throwing down after the point as well. They kind of freeze there for the "cannot" part then jolt into a broad movement.

The Facial animation and glasses look cool. I wouldn't change anything on them unless you change the other stuff, then you may need to tweak it a bit, but I like it overall.

Tad Ghostal
03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the comments. Definitely some good ppoints made, I'll work on it some more over the weekend and post a new version on Monday.

Micah-H
03-30-2009, 03:20 AM
whats up man did you get some more done on your animation?

Tad Ghostal
04-01-2009, 06:44 AM
A little bit, I got side tracked with some contract work (yay, money!) so not as much as I'd like. But hopefully this week or next I should be able to get back on to some personal projects I've been working on.

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2009, 06:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.