PDA

View Full Version : pls critique project based animation (AM student)

red2rose4
03-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Hi all, it is very urgent. I am eagerly waiting for u r valuable critiques.

Still polishing have to be done...but pls let me know whether the timing, spacing, & wait is ok

WATCH IT (http://www.vimeo.com/3798110)

Pls let me know what u rate out of 10

Zookoo
03-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Hey rose, the walking backwards bit looks good :D But I get the feeling he doesn't seem to be pulling something heavy as his pose implies. He is pulling it pretty fast so maybe make his back bend a little less. And he probably wouldn't be sighing too much after pulling it. But, good attempt :)

Lehm2000
03-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Good start, I agree that the objects could use a little more weight. I did like at the end at the end where the guys feet start to slip forward, thought that was a nice touch. One thing to enhance the fact that the guy is really struggling: When muscles tense they tremble just a bit.

detached
03-23-2009, 01:11 AM
The Blue Guy confused me a bit. His body was over his feet in such a way, that it almost looked like he was pushing or about to push the object. It's impossible to pull anything back like that with both feet behind the center of gravity. The 16th second of the shot is what I'm referring to. Also its hard to see the weight of the object when one of the two characters , who are of equal size, can pull it easily and the other can't move it at all.

The movement of the first guy is very linear. There isn't any variation in the spacing during the pull which looks a bit unnatural.

The anticipation is well done on both characters, they just need to be polished up a bit.

red2rose4
03-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Hey bros!!, thanx a lot for u r words.

The whole animation is not yet polished it is still in linear keys. Actually the concept is that the first guy is pretty stronger & confident but the second one is week & unconfident. I will surely take u r valuable words & shortly I'll show the improved version.

Thanx again for u r time.

red2rose4
03-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Pls give rating along with u r valuable feedback

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2009, 12:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.