PDA

View Full Version : the adventures of a directx exporter...

dies-irae
07-08-2003, 07:11 PM
hi y'all!
i have to export animated data to .x (directx)

the faithful flay provided me with http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1083, thx again to the dstorm guys.

there's 2 versions of the directx plugin: 1.3.1 and 1.3.2

1.3.1 extracts and loads perfectly, but i can only export static models, the "animated" ones dont show up at all neither on the dx viewer provided with the plugin nor on my own app.

1.3.2 does something weird: the file named dx3d.p seems to decide he's too important to allow others to read it, and it becomes unaccessible, i cant open it in ultraedit nor in lightwave nor in notepad, i cant move it nor rename it.
The only thing i can do is delete it!

i dont know what to do, i have to export to DX (7, 8 or 9, doesnt matter) and the newest version of the plugin just does weird things. If anyone of you tried it and managed to use it succesfully, please tell me your specs and what you did, i dont mind formatting and reinstalling, as long as it works.

(i'm on Win2k, LW7.5c, DX9)

thx in advance
dies

manfriday
07-08-2003, 08:04 PM
i used to use that exporter all the time successfuly, on several different machines.
LW 7.5
I dont know how much help I will be, but I will help however I can. You can PM me if ya want.

Jason

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.