PDA

View Full Version : DWIV-3D-Intervain-Incendia

Intervain
03-22-2009, 03:31 AM
update - modeling - exploring costume design in 3d... rough geo

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-8/lg/DW_m03.jpg

GaeasHerald
03-22-2009, 03:37 AM
Great Intervain, you joined after all :). Definetly some Brom in there, concept and pallete-wise. Best of luck.

Stutts
03-22-2009, 03:39 AM
Nice Concept! I can't wait to see where you go with this. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

GregStrangis
03-22-2009, 03:45 AM
Hey dude, like the overall desing of her, the idea of the iron and skin intertwined will play out nice in 3D, do you plan on giving her any type of weapon?? And about my updates, I changed the concept many times cause I never feel comfortable with 1 especially when I don't get much help being pushed torwards a specific idea =/. The eyes I am going to play with as well on what I can do with that but I can play with it easier in 3D. Anyways looking forward to your updates

Intervain
03-22-2009, 03:48 AM
thanks a lot guys!

GaeasHerald - thank you, yeah LOL starting is easy ;)

GregStrangis - I didn't mean you changing your concept concept, nothing wrong with that :) I ment all the updates in the DW section - it's a lot of people :) so sometimes new posts just pass us by...

ShamesArt
03-22-2009, 05:17 AM
it looks really nice concept, cant wait to see it alive :cool:

Izuael
03-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Hello and thanks for commenting my entry! :)
Oh my, that doesn't look too comfy! But I bet, as a demon, she probably enjoys it in a sadistic way, hehe.
Very creative idea, are you going to do some nasty zbrush details now? :twisted:

namnocilis
03-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Hurray! Intervain in action.. :bounce: great to have you around here.. the concept is awesome, liked the idea of skin and iron intertwined by intervain.. sounds good
I have high expectations from this thread and also expecting lots of crits from you on my thread.. :)

Hexahedron
03-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Hi there,
Nice concept, I love the sketch. Looks quite refreshing comparatively to the monstrosities we are all doing lol.
Can't wait to see the evolution into 3d. Good luck

Cheers.

Zephyri
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I am personally loving the brom influence here! Very fitting for the kind of style. Love the muted colours and the fact her dress appears to be her own flesh falling off... very creepy. Might i suggest some form of ballet boot to finish her feet off? It would keep that lovely curved off pointand add somewhat to the general elegant creepiness you have going on here.

Hellgaurdian
03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey.. The grand master has entered the competiton.. RUN FOR UR LIVEs:scream:... hehe.. nice concept Magdalena.. love the concept.. but i felt it looks more like norm..i mean she looks like some female involker wit fire (except for the skirt made up of skin ofcourse:argh:).. maybe u can add some elements that would make her look more like a demon.. thats wat i thought.

And by the way GregStrangis, Magdalena is not a dude.. she is a dudess.. hehe:)

Intervain
03-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Zephyri - I really like the idea of the ballet shoes :)

I'm still thinking about this concet - stuff is boiling in my head-stew ... I always think too much that's for sure and start changing my ideas... maybe a Norm would be a good one ;)... I'm sort of moving away from the skin thing... well I will start modeling today ... come what may ;) LOL

Hellgaurdian - too kind by far - my stuff's definitely not of your usual game art kind so I'm not sure about my chances among some masters LOL... but it'll just be fun to do something either way :D

Intervain
03-25-2009, 10:26 PM
A new concept sketch after all... Haven't figured out all the clothing yet but in general I want a combination of baroque and geisha with supernatural powers - sounds weird, I know but it's something I'd have fun with...

concept:

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-8/lg/norm_1.jpg

and started modeling the body... slow beginning... hopefully will pick up from here on:

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-8/lg/norm_1_wir.jpg

BaronImpossible
03-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Quite spooky, like the stripes :thumbsup:

Intervain
03-25-2009, 10:35 PM
yeah had to have stripes ;) Thanks Simon

GregStrangis
03-25-2009, 10:39 PM
The new concept looks much better! Only crit about the base is her wrist look super tiny from the pic, might be the angle tho, otherwise looks nice and clean!

OneManWar
03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm assuming she hovers due to the position. Nice stuff man.

Intervain
03-25-2009, 10:53 PM
thanks a lot Greg - yeah you're right... kinda looks like a weakling there :)

Intervain
03-26-2009, 01:34 AM
modeling: finished base of the body. played around with proportions in Zbrush [don't mind the sox ;)] before I start to build the base meshes for the clothes.

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-8/lg/DW_m02.jpg

StefanoDubay
03-26-2009, 06:17 AM
heh nice :) cool to see how you push on the clothes in all you do, her socks look like my girlfriends :D

what are you placing on the tips of her stick legs?
keep it up the body shape looks nice :)

Intervain
03-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Thanks Stefano :) I think clothes are important - if one looks at many great movie characters, the costumes were usually a big part of who they were...

anyway - not much time to work on her today - just exploring some shapes in 3d space rather than paper to see how my ideas work and trying to figure out the costume... I like where it's going and I have a pretty good idea of what I want now ... will start putting it together and bringing the base to Zbrush next :)

http://mdadela.com/ssp_director/albums/album-8/lg/DW_m03.jpg

Stutts
03-27-2009, 03:39 AM
I like where this is going I can't wait to see more!:buttrock:

Intervain
03-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Thank you Stutts - glad someone does ;) Thanks for visiting :wavey:

hakanpersson
03-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Your character idea looks great, with some fancy dress work of yours, it will surely look fantastic in the end:)

Though somehow, looking at your initial sculpt, I'm wondering if it wouldnt look better if you made her bigger, rounder and heavier. That to make idle/resting poses for her a bit more interesting when she have to balance a bit more weight on her legs. It you assign her to be either really evil, or really kind, it could go along better with that theme aswell. (fat evil glutton with blood sipping out of her mouth, or kind smiling lady with with round cheeks.. something)

Whatever... just some stupid ideas:scream:

Good luck
/H

Intervain
03-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks :) - hmm I was at first thinking of some different proportions - I'll play around with her and see what transpires :) Perhaps it will work better... i want her to look serene and kinda mean but in a subtle way - without showing her teeth and drooling ;) ... no kind lady for sure though ;)

nellement
03-27-2009, 12:37 PM
yes,really nice to see you on this DW,really nice start I like her hair design and dress is good too :thumbsup:

GregStrangis
03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Hmm I wonder what she would look like if she weighed 250pounds? hakanpersson has a point there!

Intervain
03-27-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks nellement :)

Greg - I'm still thinking about it but I'm not a fan of the idea to be honest ;) I don't want to go into the flabby fat sculpting that is all over the place anyway and I dont' quite relish ;) One thing I want with this character is do something I feel I'd enjoy doing and this is not quite it hehe... but yeah I might give it a try out of curiosity...

BrettSinclair
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Really cool, Gonna keep my eye on this one;).
Love the shape you got going.

Xillion
03-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Hi! Here's my 2 cents. Legs are the most distinctive and most dubious trait for me. The colour scheme is cool but , in my opinion, the pointy feet make her feel unbalanced. If I'm not mistaken she floats. I think the final compo will need to better convey this fact.

I hope this sounds constructive. Overall it's a really nice work so far.

Intervain
03-27-2009, 06:42 PM
thanks guys :)

no she's not supposed to float - she'll be walking on those... yeah maybe it does feel unbalanced now, you've got a point there

Deepam
03-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey!! what happened??? :surprised

you told me not to do a DEMON :twisted: . . . I think you are enjoying female characters very much these days.

Anyway, all the best for the WAR! Lets see how you do low poly art. :)

NH
03-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Some cool stuff there ! I like your character alot Simple and dangerous !
Waiting for your next post :arteest:

Thanx for your comments on my work :)

Intervain
03-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey!! what happened??? :surprised

you told me not to do a DEMON :twisted: . . . I think you are enjoying female characters very much these days.

Anyway, all the best for the WAR! Lets see how you do low poly art. :)

hehehe yeah I know - I officially turned into a hypocrite ;) there :D
We'll see if I'll go with it till the end LOL

NH - thank you!

neobear
03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Just like it :applause:
I will follow all your stage ^^
(you are right on my thread! I made more sketchs and find better idea! thanks ^^)

Ferx
03-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Hey Magdalena,

Really cool and great work. Like a lot your legs concept, cool !! ( Agree with the balance issue, but Im sure that you can solve it :D) An love the "renacentist" style for the dress, really cool touch! Again, great work and looking forward for more updates!! Cheers!! :D

BelalSaeed
03-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey Magda! really happy ;) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#) to see you here on DWIV , like your concept
waiting for update ..

namnocilis
03-28-2009, 04:20 PM
coming out really nice! :thumbsup: did you think about the story concept ?

Trancos057
03-29-2009, 12:49 AM
wow, i love the mix classic/fiction that you have done.... i want see it finish :buttrock:

Somhairle
03-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Hi Intervain, great stuff, I love the mix!

Let me guess, you hate high heels? LOL

rasmusW
03-30-2009, 02:14 PM
hey mag!

i'm glad to see you in on this one.
can't wait to see your further progress.
i got a small suggestion for you... i think you could exagurate her hair-doo, to get a more intresting silouhette.

-r

iatriki
04-03-2009, 12:28 PM
interesting character. the legs do look kinda odd....but maybe they will look more harmonious when you put her in a dynamical stance. I think that the thighs could be a bit shorter and the curvature of the foot made to face backwards

anandpg
04-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Hey Magda!! Just spotted this thread! Great job so far! Goodluck!:thumbsup: I will be watching!

StefanoDubay
04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
nice model especially the hands... i bet u'll make yhe most badass looking dress on her!!! cant wait to see :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2009, 06:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.