PDA

View Full Version : School and training forum

taxguy
03-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I strongly urge you to have a forum entilted "animation education." You can even have sub forums listing most animation schools with comments that can be posted about each school. Schools that should be in the subheading can be Calarts, SVA, Ringling, SCAD, RIT, USC, Max the Mutt, VFS, Sheridan, Pratt Institute, Animation Mentor, Gnomon, Academy of Art Univeristy in Sanfranciso, Digital Media Arts College, Art Institutes, etc.

leigh
03-24-2009, 03:09 PM
This is something that we've discussed a couple of times over the years but haven't, as of yet, launched for some reason. I guess maybe now would be a good time to bring up the subject again with the powers that be.

taxguy
03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
[QUOT
E=leigh]This is something that we've discussed a couple of times over the years but haven't, as of yet, launched for some reason. I guess maybe now would be a good time to bring up the subject again with the powers that be.[/QUOTE]

Response: Hi Leigh, Yes, I would implement this as soon as possible. Animation education is a big topic on your forums. Sadly, folks have to do a search because any discussion regarding animation programs spans all the forums and isn't easily found in one spot.

I would suggest that not only there be a forum for animation education but that you have sub- forums for comments on particular schools and programs. This would be expanded to programs that you don't have through suggestions by your posters. You can even have a sub-forum for books and self taught programs. I probably would recomend setting up the forums as follows
Animation Education
1. General Discussion
2. Individual school discussion( except it should be presented alphabetically)

a. RISD
b. Ringling
c. RIT
d. USC
e. CalArts
f. UCLA
g. Laguna
h. Pratt
i. Animation Mentor
J. Vancouver Film School
k. Sheridan
l. Max the Mutt
M. Digipen
N. Academy of Art Univeristy in San Francisco
O. Digital Media College
P. University of Cincinnati Digital Media
Q. Art Institutes
R. SVA
S. Emily Carr
T. N.Y. Academy of Film
U. Gnomon School of Special Effects
V . Carnegie Melon graduate program in Entertainment Design
W. Other schools not mentioned
3. Books and other self help animation materials

Bottom Line: I think the time as come for CG talks to make a whole forum for animation education with sub forums for individual schools and programs. I pro

kaustavsinha
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Hello taxguy, :)

I'd like to add few more animation institutes there, like:

1. Vancouver Institute of Media Arts (VANARTS), Canada
2. Savannah College Of Art & Design (SCAD), USA
3. FZD School of Entertainment Design, Singapore
4. University of Teesside, UK
5. Royal College of Art, UK
6. NAD Centre, Canada
7. National Institute of Design (NID), India

Hi leigh, :)

If possible, also include sections like "Financial Aid", for both the US students & International students, eg: "Financial Aid - USA" & "Financial Aid - International".

Also, it will be very kind of you, if there is a section, which is dedicated to finding US co-signers, for international applicants! Here, international applicant's can show their desire to study animation in the US, by showcasing their works & demo-reels & anyone interested can help that aspiring artist by becoming a co-signer!

(http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tees.ac.uk%2F&ei=jT_JSbzWF9TxnQeA6b2SAw&usg=AFQjCNHURJdFgZ3SnY4UA1hDxP-GhqnW3w&sig2=aV4oXi8PPYvu0AVFf6i8Dw)

leigh
03-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Okay we've created the forum:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=283

Unfortunately though, creating sub forums for all those schools isn't possible. It'd be best to keep things central. If we start creating sub forums for some schools, then we'll have to create them for every school - and frankly, we're not their support forums ;-)

For now, I'm going to keep it as a single forum, and see how it goes, and then we'll consider adding subforums for financing and such once the forum becomes busy.

kaustavsinha
03-25-2009, 12:58 AM
Hi leigh, :)
Thank you very much for creating the "Courses and Schools" forum!

CGTalk Moderation
03-25-2009, 12:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.