PDA

View Full Version : 1 prob and 1 weirdness

KillMe
07-08-2003, 02:14 PM
ok prob first

does anyone have any probs trying to save to avi format?
i can save to mov fine but avi only every renders the first frame then tells me that its nto renedered the whole thing, tried using afew different compressions no difference

ok weirdness

dfx+ is determined i should be online - now it works fine not online but i keep getting that damn pop up box telling me i cant connect etc - this i am concerned about as i cant think of one reason why it should want to be online

is this normal behaviour for dfx+?

thedude
07-08-2003, 05:39 PM
You should be able to render to any AVI format as long as the appropriate codecs are installed on your system. However, certain AVI codecs will only allow you to render to materials of certain frame sizes. (Some are limited to dimensions that are multiples of 8 I believe.) What codec are you trying to use specifically? Does this problem occur if you try to render to an Uncompressed AVI?

Concerning the weirdness. DFX+ 4 will check to see if updates to the software have been made available online. If you would like to disable this feature you can do so in the Prefs.

File > Preferences > Globals > General and then uncheck 'Automatically check for updates' then hit 'Save'.

KillMe
07-08-2003, 06:06 PM
yeah it even happens when using uncompressed avi all very strange ah well mov works fine and think mov is slightly better anyway so nota real problem to use it

as for the weirdness aslogn as its nothing sinister i have nocomplaints agains dfx+ having a look for updates =) so thanks on that score for alliavting some concerns

Justin W
07-09-2003, 02:01 AM
There is an update available (4.02a) I had a similar problem at first. I have since installed the update, and it all seems to work OK now.

Cheers,

Justin.

Justin W
07-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Forget my last post, it happened again. OK, when you first click on the saver, a dialoge box (Save as) will open. Make sure you select the AVI file type in the dropdown box, don't leave it as "All Files *.*" Then go and edit your output options on the saver node as per normal. You can now render out AVI's.

Cheers,

Justin W.

KillMe
07-09-2003, 01:46 PM
ah cool =) thanks - never enough thoguth about that =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.