PDA

View Full Version : Character: Jhonny Guy 2

Prodygy
07-08-2003, 10:19 AM
Ok guys! Here there are new images with these retouch:

1) New and better texture for the lips. Now mouth is more realistic.

2) I have added a reflectivity map to the sclera, for the eyes, and the sclera now it's more white...more luminouse.

3) Before the skin was a bit blurred. Now it's better for me.

Any suggetion and comments are welcome!

http://www.3dm-mc.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=4634

Prodygy
07-08-2003, 10:21 AM
...And second image!

http://www.3dm-mc.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=4635

samize
07-08-2003, 10:30 AM
I think the bump is too high. He seems to have a skin disease or something. :p
Also, you could put real holes in his nose.

Anyway, it looks great. I like the textures, specially the eyes.
:thumbsup:

Inktvlek
07-08-2003, 10:33 AM
First of all I would place your images between [img] tags, that way people can see the images immediately within the message!

About the model: looks good, although it's hard to say anything about proportions with these camera positions...
Bump-map seems a little to hard, and the lights are not very natural, especially with the background image: watch the shadows! Unless he has somekind of spot on his face (which i think you did) the light's just don't work that way.

Other than that, beautiful eyes, nice detail, realistic modelling!!!

WanielJorge
07-08-2003, 10:47 AM
:rolleyes: The bumps maps are exaggerated, and the eyes are non life, the remaining deserves cares.

zen
07-08-2003, 04:31 PM
well...no, the modeling isnt realistic actually. sorry!
There is little structure, and the ears and nose are botched. Also the side view reveals "floating eyelids": there is space between the eye and the lid.

In order to have a nice peice of work. there has to be a balance in level of quality all over. For example, a painting that is heavily worked in one corner and seemingly rushed in the rest of the canvas is very rarely nice to look at, no matter how much work was put into that little corner. it still looks unfinished.

In this case, in my opinion, There is absolutly no use to high-rez realistic texturing and lighting if your not even going to bother modeling in nostrils. :shrug:

You shouldve spent much more time in modeling. Or at least spent as much effort in modelling as in texturing.

Other notes, basically the same. The bump needs work. The skin doesnt look soft. Looks more like a rough latex. And some UV strechting is visible in several areas.

Prodygy
07-09-2003, 02:59 AM
I don't have words....

Levitateme
07-09-2003, 07:46 AM
i think your specular value is way to high, but its a nice model. also the texture for the lips, it looks like clay or something. i just find that the only thing weird, nice model though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.