PDA

View Full Version : How do I offset a Cluster In Maya?

S. J. Tubbrit
07-08-2003, 10:10 AM
http://www.vfs.com/~m07goosh/rigging101/free/spine_splineik/index.htm

How do I select a CV, create a cluster and then offset it like in this tutorial? I can create the cluster and so on, but it centres to the current CV, how do I offset it so I can easily grab it?

lricho
07-09-2003, 05:11 AM
rather than offset the cluster itself, you can shift its selection handle. First, make it visible - select it then go to display->component display->selection handles

Go to Component mode, make sure that you turn on the "select by component type: handles" selection mask, then select the handle and move it to wherever you want to.

f3rry
07-17-2003, 05:12 AM
You can create a cluster anywhere first on some useless CVs, try to create it on the spot you want it to be, then add some CVs into that cluster....

Or you can create the cluster and move the pivot by pressing insert button....

Or to easily pick it you can parent the cluster to a curve places somewhere you can see outside the geometry...

There are million ways to do the same thing, do it to your convinience, doesn't have to be exactly how other people did it. To me making all controls in curve as selection is a great way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.