PDA

View Full Version : DWIV - 3D - whiterat -untitled

whiterat
03-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Well, a little late but with strong and determination to reach the end of this competition.

Ive been lurking and the quality of the work that is already show almost make me quit...its my first DW so im a little intimidated. :sad:

Im in the direction of a machine or a demon, so Ill begin the concept stage...

So...good luck to all!!!

Miguel.

LATEST UPDATE

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5019/dwivdemonconceptcostume.jpg

NovaKnight
03-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Its my first DW as well. Don't get discouraged. The competition is tough, very tough, but that should make you want to model the best model you've ever done before. All I see when I look at everybody else s work is inspiration. Its too early to quit, stick with it! It will be rewarding at the end!

whiterat
03-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Inspiring words NovaKnight, I determined to reach the end, so Ill see you there :)
Thanks for the encourage.

Tomorrow are coming the first concepts...

See ya.

NovaKnight
03-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Anytime. Good luck man and see you at the end.:cool:

GaeasHerald
03-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Come on Miguel! We definetly need an argentine in this challenge.
Saludos de la otra orilla!

Alekzsander
03-21-2009, 12:53 AM
good luck everyone man ,

saludos de Peru.
Yo tambien voy a participar

whiterat
03-21-2009, 03:49 AM
GaeasHerald: Saludos desde este lado del charco! Aca estamos entre mates y polygonos!

Alekzsander: Saludos al Peru!

well latin americans, lets join and fight!

Here we go! first concepts that came out. Started in Alchemy and then continue in photoshop. Definetly I see a strong tendency towards demons, but with some work maybe I can pull out a machine....Ill keep exploring.

Please C&C are strongly needed and extremely welcome

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=140034&stc=1
(http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=140034&stc=1)

Segvoia
03-21-2009, 03:54 AM
I don't see your pics yet, I'm sure you're fixing that. I wanted to stop through and tell you to go for it! It's a learning experience and you don't know how good you will do until you've tried. Life is for learning, enjoy the journey and good luck ;)

ETA: Ok, you got the images up - and I don't see why you're worrying frankly, I think you've got the ability. Go for it!

whiterat
03-21-2009, 03:55 AM
Segvoia: Fixed! And thank you for your words.!

whiterat
03-26-2009, 11:22 PM
but always forward.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5019/dwivdemonconceptcostume.jpg

I choose No.9, I liked the silhouette. Here are 3 costumes, I been thinking about what IS this demon and is some kind of soul collector, so the next step is to create a soul container or canister and maybe a beast of burden to carry it, and, of course, a weapon to extract the soul in first place.....

Well, C&C are welcome....

Thanks.

bobrok
03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I think it's looking great!
The second and third clothesdesigns are the best ones in my opinion :)

whiterat
03-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Yinn: thanks! Yes, I guess that is the direction to follow....I leave it to rest and later looking it with fresh eyes.

yakonusuke
03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
I like this one a lot, looks great! And the soulcollectorconcept sounds very fine as well!

NovaKnight
03-27-2009, 12:21 AM
I definitely like the second and third ones the best. The third one looks like an old style executioner and the second one definitely looks like a sorcerer. Good work man. Can't wait to see the end result.

whiterat
03-27-2009, 01:21 AM
NovaKnight: I never think on a sorcerer, I was more on the track of the executioner... good idea and shows other paths to take...thanks!.

yakonusuke: Im very glad that you liked! your art rocks!

developing ideas on the weapon and the beast of burden right now, updates soon ( I hope).

Intervain
03-27-2009, 02:37 AM
love the 3rd one with all the little tying details - reminds me very much of Keith Thompson's character... dont' remember the name - which is not a bad thing :)

whiterat
03-27-2009, 03:01 AM
Intervain: wow! thanks for the comparation, indeed is not a bad thing. :).
Thank you again for your comment.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2009, 03:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.