PDA

View Full Version : fumefx particle source per particle params

pgill
03-19-2009, 05:39 PM
hi guys is there any way to get the fumefx particle source helper to apply it's paramaters on a per particle basis. ie scale the radius in the source from 0 to 1 over a particles life, or animate the temperature per particle in a similar way.

I worked out a workaround by meshing the particles and then using this mesher object as a fume object source which works well but seems to take up more ram and i'm damn stuck in 32bit so need to be efiicient.

cheers

paul

pgill
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
ok DUH...

i found the AFCs in the particle source parameters, just what i need!

pgill
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
ok now i'm back to square one! i need my fume particle source particles to be a bunch of geom instanced particles as described above i am using the mesher for this which all of a sudden is causing problems for fume. It just randomly connects one particle with another as a single source even though they a fair distance away from each other so you get all these fume criss crosses and they are sporadic over time. Is there a better way to deal with creating many geom based fume sources?

cheers

paul

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2009, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.