PDA

View Full Version : Still Life: Jade Dragon Statue Composition

ehulser
07-08-2003, 06:54 AM
This is my first thread, so lets see what happens. This image was created using 3d Studio Max 5 and rendered with VRayFree. I dont really know where I got the idea for it, I was just messing around with it but liked the results. Also the first attempt at a composed image. I think a few things I might change would be to rotate the head because a lot of detail got lost on it and lower the crease amount on the meshsmooth to show some more detail in the model. But like I said, I'm pretty pleased with it. Any comments would be very welcome. Also, I apologize if this doesn't work out quite right, I think I understand how I should display the image but if it comes up blank, I apologize.

Thanks to 3dluvr.com for hosting my site as well.

http://www.3dluvr.com/ekhulser/dragon.jpg

Creature
07-08-2003, 09:48 AM
You can't put 3dluvrs links in [img] tags since they don't allow remote linking. What you need to do is post the link to your image as a simple text url. Then people can click it and see the image

Tephlon
07-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Like this:

http://www.3dluvr.com/ekhulser/dragon.jpg

Nice work. I think the glows might be a bit too intense.

Anteru
07-08-2003, 12:24 PM
:thumbsup: Though the shadow seems to be to strong in comparison to the shadows of the trees.

rob-beddall
07-08-2003, 01:07 PM
hey!!:wavey:
looks good to me man!
though i do agree with the other two.
also the area around the back feet looks a little strange but i can't put my finger on why that is.
cheers!!:beer:

ehulser
07-08-2003, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the comments and the note about the img link. For some reason I could see it on my computer so I thought it worked, I guess the image was just caught on my computers memory. The problem with the back feet (cause I noticed that too) is I think a reflection issue, it makes the feet look like they're floating because they round out at the bottom and are reflecting a bit of the ground. And yeah...I wasn't sure about the glow, thats one of the things I've been messing around with and trying to learn more about. If anyone has any suggestions on how to create realistic glows please let me know. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.