PDA

View Full Version : Help lw+mb wieghts

Mangled Poly
07-08-2003, 07:16 AM
i guess my wieghts or textures arnt transfering over right? im using daves latest skeleton....

when i import into kadara and characterise everything goes well except the body doesnt move but the skeleton does.. there on different layers

Or other times i import the fbx and a skelton shows up and i can characterize?

LFGabel
07-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Does your mesh move in LW when you move the bones? If not, there's something wrong happening before you get to MB.

Mangled Poly
07-08-2003, 04:53 PM
ok heres the problem..... whenever i go back to modeler to fix wieghts.. then i send it over to layout it loses alot of the bone->wieghtmap assignments yet there right in modeler? why?

LFGabel
07-08-2003, 07:48 PM
I have discovered through trial and error that if you update the weights in Modeler, it's not good enough to just reload the saved scene with the lwo in it. You'd think that just reloading would work, but I couldn't get it to.

I found that clearing the scene, then re-adding the model was the only way it worked for me. Don't know why.

One thing I didn't try was replacing the model with it's newer version.

Hope that helps.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.