PDA

View Full Version : VFS: small model reel

criscoon
07-08-2003, 06:08 AM
http://www.vfs.com/~christ/images/grondore.avi this is a small project i was workin on my spare time(which is alot o time, lol)

CGIExpert
07-08-2003, 08:24 AM
Always remember.... [some advice]
In the realworld, objects that are closer to you tend to be darker than those that are far away. The trees closer to the camera need to be darker than the ones in the distance.

KolbyJukes
07-08-2003, 08:42 AM
I always make it a point to reply to the VFS content I see here on CGTALK.

So, is this your actual reel? or a side project? We certainly have a lot of free time lately (thanks to the break and the fire :annoyed: )

Some comments: These mights be things you're intending to get to eventually, I would work on color correcting the shots, the forest could be much more impressive - were it darker, with higher contrast, volumetric light and some DOF.

The modelling is pretty nice, though the wireframe on the big beast is a bit messy.

What class are you?

-Kol.

nomad_girl
07-09-2003, 08:03 AM
hey chris!

this is really differerent from your reel before. i am impressed that you have put this together so quickly. or does time go by too fast? who knows.....

anyways-- i think its looking pretty good for a work in progress-- however--- i know the work you are capable of and i believe that the animation for grondore can be pushed much farther and exaggerated to a much higher extent. i have seen you writhing on the floor in acting class screeching!

i think you should exaggerate the approach more--- then push the pause when something grabs his attention to the left---make his take stronger and then he should put his whole body into the growl-- make it a roar! make him bend his knees down and pull up into it or something-- it needs more punch. put the whole body into that roar-- right now it is pretty meek.

i like the character-- what are your intentions for the project? will there be anymore characters or a storyline or is it just a modeling demo? either way--- i think you should push the animation much farther-- just exaggerate everything you have there already and give him alot more personality--- like your wonderful little beastie with the toy!

hope things are going well.

criscoon
07-09-2003, 06:53 PM
may have forgot to mention this worktook me 1 month to do including a week render time here at home thx, you do the math, thx for the response

houmanm
07-09-2003, 06:59 PM
hello mister coon wery nice u have a lot of tallent i would like to see mopre stuff more more hehe nice job man send me an e-mail somtimes.:applause: :applause: :applause:

KnightVFX
07-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Nice work Chris. For the time spent, and what you were trying to accomplish, this is really good. Your animation is far better than most of the modeling reels out there. I know that when animating a huge character like that, there are a lot of limitations. It's the subtle animation that counts to bring him to life, not the over exagerated. But really, for doing all of the work in two weeks, and rendering the third, this is really good man! Can't wait to see your next project! Keep it coming!

koity
07-10-2003, 02:25 AM
Chris~
Were you the guy that did the helicopter and marines?
This modeling reel is so different! :thumbsup:
So are you going to put in jet lee into the forest and fight ? That was your previous plan isn't it?
The background matte paint is a bit flat in the beginning. I think I am just picky....;)

Zastrozzi
07-10-2003, 04:02 AM
Great stuff Chris whjat more can i say :P

db23
07-10-2003, 04:42 AM
Koity, you got the wrong guy, Chris was from 37, you're thinking of Jon O's reel.

Chris, I love the texturing, and the style of this guy. The lushness of the forest is fantastic - I would like to see some more color variation in the ground/ferns though.

Can't wait to see more.

nomad_girl
07-10-2003, 04:46 AM
chris--wow! looks really amazing for one months work-- especially since you had to alot so much render time. i know how it is now working with such limitations after batch render is no longer an option. what a challenge huh?

anyways-- again-- i am really impressed that you put this together so quick and i like that it is so different from your other work. really shows your versatality. keep up the good work and i look forward to seeing more.

good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.