PDA

View Full Version : DWIV-2D-Gyorkland-Lythorm

Gyorkland
03-18-2009, 11:06 PM
ALright here I go havenīt decided anything yet not even the race so I picked up a neutral name, Iīll be posting different classes and races on this days to see what do you think.
First Iīll go with a Deamon Lord Iī for tomorrow.

Latest...............................................................................................................................
FInal image!!!
http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/dw/4/uploaded_images/42-game-concept-art-5608-1242682031-image.jpg
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3d72f6d18c.jpg

Gyorkland
03-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I lied so what! I said I was going to post a demonLord but when I started drawing it,this guy appeared in my head and he just wouldnīt go itīs some sort of abomination,on his right hand he has some knives instead of fingers and the other one works like a rocket punch his forearm muscles would contract and then expand forward with enormous force so the huge rock will go like a rocket and it has a chain mechanism to recover it
not too crazy about it just some brainstorm sketch to settle down my ideas very quick painting, C&C please
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/395223046a.jpg

FrozZT
03-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey man, i remember you from DWIII :), glad to see you here. I think you've definately got some stuff to work with here. Those shoulder thingys look really cool, i dig his kneepads close to his claws and man i hope hes got those nipples re-enforced someway.. The plate hanging from(ouch) his nipples fits the demon well also, could make it even more massive, but most important enhance the look of the weight, it seems quite light now. I do like kinda how the head is, but right now it doesnt look natural, it looks flattened(like with scaletool). That rocket arm is a cool idea, though it seems a little primitive maybe, though i think it might work if you push it, give the chains some massive weight also. Lets see some more! Keep it up!

-Niklas

Silkcats
03-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Great concept!!

I like The colours you picked. The only thing that bothers me a little is the right arm I mean the elbow looks to fragile to handle that giant hand.

Keep it up! ;)

Ataulfo
03-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Great sketch. :thumbsup:

keep it up.:beer:

DarkBlueArt
03-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Hello

That's a pretty cool concept so far. I have to admit FrozZT, give him more weight, make him more brute! The idea with the rock(et) is pretty cool, but I miss some mechanics to pull it back, or maybe a third arm could do this. Keep on rocking!

so long

Gyorkland
03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the quick comments,
FrozZT: I remember you too, man your Shanto Man entry was awesome!, specially the colors, you have some crazy painting skills dude, soo smooth.
Thanks for the comments I do think I need to exagerate the proportions a little and with the painting he looks kind of flat, the pencil work looks better , I wasnīt going to paint it I was adding the shades on the paper but I became lazy and scanned it and painted it really quick in like 30 to 40 minutes, ohh but the head, that was kind of my concept you know, to make a fat dude with a little squashed head almost inside the torso. and about the rocket punch I donīt understad what do you mean with "push it" to push the idea a little further or actually you are saying that he should push the weapon, cause thatīs what he do "his forearm muscles would contract and then expand forward with enormous force so the huge rock will go like a rocket"

Silkcats: thanks for the crit man I see what you mean.

Ataulfo: Glad you liked it compadre.

Ohh but I really donīt think Iīll go with an abomination I just did it to warm up a little
Thanks!

FrozZT
03-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Yea i meant push it further, work with it. ^^ And the idea with the head is nice also, i just thought it could use some work, anyway never mind it if you are gonna go with a different design. Good start, lets see some more kick ass stuff! :)

-Niklas

Ferx
03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Jorge,

Really cool concept and sketch, the arms and shoulders are a great touch on the idea! :D All the best and looking forward for more updates! Cheers! :beer:

GaeasHerald
03-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Truly great Jorge. Excellent first sketch.
Arriba el talento latino!

Gyorkland
03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
GaeasHerald and Ferx thanks:)
ok finally I had some time to sketch this out in my lunch, Iīve been sooo sick layed down on my bed for about a week, but now I am ready for WAR!!
Warlord: itīs very rough specially the armor pieces my Idea is some sort of Buffalo minotaur mixed with an eagle standing on a giant turtle like some sort of Totem ,the turtle is not going to be standard at all but I didnīt had enough time so I made a simple shell to explain my idea

I still havenīt decide about his weapon but maybe a fish will be involve anyway, hope you like it C&C are welcome as always.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f99ba125bc.jpg

Ferx
03-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Hey Jorge,

Really cool war lord sketch and concept for it :D Think your first concept is really cool too, is difficult to choose one. I like the turtle idea, but maybe you can meke two turtles, like the boots for the war lord, only a silly idea :) Again , great work, and looking forward for more updates! Cheers!! :beer:

Gyorkland
03-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks Ferx, I think Iīll go with the Warlord for the moment, I will be working on itīs designs on this week, ohh and about your idea, not silly at all dude I like it very much, thanks.
later this day I may be posting the turtle design.

Gyorkland
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
a quick head sketch to see what you think, maybe more jewerly, I wish I had more time to post more often but things are very tough here at work, please C&C
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/86581e6ccd.jpg

Ataulfo
04-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Hi Jorge,

Very nice sketches. But my favourite is your first sketch.
keep it up dude:beer:

DeadInTheAttic
04-03-2009, 11:14 AM
And I like the way of your colourization, though it is just a sketch.

SangHanArt
04-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi Gyorkland! Good stuff so far. The eagle and minotaur combination is very unique. I like your latest sketch because the head feels more agressive compared to the previous. The twisty tube going down the arm feels a bit awkward but other than that, I really like the rest of the design. The pose and proportions make him feel heavy and strong which I really like.

Gyorkland
04-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok loong time has passed since last post, I donīt know if Iīll make it to the deadline because of work that Iīve been taking home, the idea is the same eagleBull human on a huge sea earth turtle like some sort of living Totem the blue thing on his face is a beak
this is for the model sheet but I am making it with color to see what palette Iīll be using for the final image, obiously it is not done yet but I decided to post it like this to see if you think I am going on a good path PLEASE PLEASE!! comment I am running out of time
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3d72f6d18c.jpg

BaronImpossible
04-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Overall I like it, it has a good colour palette coming along and the wings are a nice touch. Trouble is I reckon you've got too much going on. Too many different elements. The feathers on his right arm are cool but his left arm appears too bulky and out of place. I think the only time you can get away with asymmetrical arms is when one is massively out of proportion and the focus of the piece, whereas in this picture it isn't and it just looks unbalanced.

Also, I notice he's wearing a girdle. I wouldn't criticise him to his face for this but I would laugh about it behind his back.

Plenty of time - two weeks yet!

ROBOTTANK
04-27-2009, 10:07 PM
your characters left arm doesn't look right, the formation is off, the lower forearm should be more relaxed, right now it's looks like his arm is broken. you should also try making his forearm just a little longer. I'd stay away from those bold lines on the torso; try blending them in a bit, there are no outlines on bodies, it's all form, shadows and light. His hair is also outlined, it would look more natural without the line, just fade it out. Lastly, I'd consider shortening his right arm and size it up with his left. Only suggestions, hope this helps you a bit.

Alekzsander
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
hey Gyorkland i really like your model ;)

SangHanArt
04-28-2009, 05:05 AM
Hi Gyorkland. I like his head design very much. He looks very proud. I agree with what has been said. The bird claws of his left arm feel a bit weird. The arm feels too long and it doesn't flow that well but I do love the feathers. I like the length and size of the gauntlet arm so maybe just keeping it similar to that arm. I feel like the hooves could be more rounded in the front. I think that would give it a better flow. I also think the waist feels really tight like a girdle so try some other options out. Hope that helps.

Keep it going dude!

Gyorkland
04-28-2009, 05:06 PM
thanks for the comments and just to make it clear I had NO intention of make him a girdle at first it didnīt look at all as a girdle but I put it some divisions and made it curved so it turned looking like this, as soon as I read this I erased the girdle, and about the arms I get what you all mean Iīll make them mor symetric but I think Iīll keep the claw I was trying to make something like nightmare from soul calibur now that I look at it it do looks too long and thin

ROBOTTANK:thanks about the color blending ,for the final piece Iīll make the painting more realistic but for the model sheet Iīll use strokes to define it better because it has to be monochromatic

BaronImpossible: thaks very much for the comments and about the 2 weeks for you it might look like two weeks but for me is more like 4 days and a half : 2 fryday nights , and two weekends. Iīve been bringing work to home,with luck maybe Iīll get another free night in between but I donīt think so.

Alekzsander: I am glad you like it thanks bro.

fluxen: THankīs man, I also like the gauntlet arm , so I will make the other one more like it the hooves still have a long way to go but I ll keep your comment in mind

thank you all very much.

Ferx
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Hey Jorge,

Really cool updates! The last character looks really great! Agree with BaronImpossible, maybe you can put "eagle" fingers like the right hand of your character on the left hand, and mantain the "metal glove" on it, only a comment :) Waiting for more updates! Cheers!! :beer:

Roboto-kun
04-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Looking good dude better lock it in and move to the final piece! Only about a week and 1/2 left :surprised

Gyorkland
05-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I didnīt though I was gonna make it but I did, my elbows and wrists are burning , I am not too proud of my model and concept sheet but I had to do all 3 pieces on this weekend , I havenīt slept in 2 days well basically the whole weekend was expended only on the final piece so thats why the others didnt came out so well I also had to do some speed paint for the final paint on you can see it on the turtle shell and on the background so it didnīt came as I expected it but I am ok with it cause I pulled it out in a very very short period of time tough I just noticed that the claw hand is kind of hard to read but what the hell,
the thing is that a week later after I joined this year war I was asign at work to do other stuffs beside my regular tasks, so Iīve been bringing work home almost every night,
at least the raised my pay check, jeje , well Iīll post the final Image to see what you think

http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/dw/4/uploaded_images/42-game-concept-art-5608-1242682031-image.jpg

cptcrandall
05-20-2009, 01:15 AM
looking good! I am pretty stoked about this comp, and to see how it turns out!

Gyorkland
05-20-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks cptcrandall, there are lots of great entries this year is going to be very tough

farazmobin
05-20-2009, 09:44 PM
wow. the colors are awesome on this.outstanding stuff

Gyorkland
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
thanks farazmobin I am glad you liked it, by the way do you guys can see my previous concepts? cause I canīt and I am worried about it please tell me so I can upload them again,
I use a free image hosting website called "freeimagehosting.net" pretty original name huu? please could you recommend me something better cause I am always having this kind of issues
thanks

Ferx
05-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Hey Jorge,

Congrats on your finsh my friend, yo did it again :D The final image looks good, like the "ethnic" style for this war lord character! Good luck !! (no tequila for this time, Iīm drinking tons of tequila and dont finish my concept :sad: , no more tequila.... :surprised)

P.S. Gosh, I opened the third page of this thread and deserve a tequila.... hahahahahahaha, sorry :hmm: :D

Gyorkland
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Thanks Ferx last weekend was a living hell, I am glad I could make it but I donīt know if Iīll be as lucky as the last year on qualifying to the next round, this year is really tough and I havenīt improove my skills too much since last year because of the lack of practice Iīve made my research and I īve found more than 50 2d awesome. entries but anyway, the important is that I had fun, not as much as last year but it was great too
looking forward for the second mini challenge.

MartinNielsen
05-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Nice final :) Good choice of colors.

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2009, 10:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.